Author Topic: Nagoshi Talks about next gen and Sega  (Read 28822 times)

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Nagoshi Talks about next gen and Sega
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 05:45:18 am »
You think making a game of iOS is their call ? lol  No SEGA dropped and canned Udea-san big console project year's ago . Nagoshi-san shouldn't be calling the shots or leading the team. Kikuchi-san is the one that should be the Head now.

I agree with this

Ueda and Kikuchi are really underrated, Yakuza can be thought as a Team effort between Nagoshi and others, but most think of Yakuza as the Nagoshi game or ex-AM2 game.

Kikuchi especially has done more than Nagoshi has in terms of Home console Sega classics, that the company is known for.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2013, 01:39:00 pm »
You think making a game of iOS is their call ? lol  No SEGA dropped and canned Udea-san big console project year's ago . Nagoshi-san shouldn't be calling the shots or leading the team. Kikuchi-san is the one that should be the Head now.

Really desperate now aren't you. I never said it was their call. Laugh at that. And at least they're in a position to make games now which was the point. you're making out they haven't been able to get anything done. And one more thing. Lots of games got canned by Sega last year so he wasn't the only one. If you think Sega wanted to can them then you really are having a laugh.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2013, 01:41:33 pm »
I agree with this

Ueda and Kikuchi are really underrated, Yakuza can be thought as a Team effort between Nagoshi and others, but most think of Yakuza as the Nagoshi game or ex-AM2 game.

Kikuchi especially has done more than Nagoshi has in terms of Home console Sega classics, that the company is known for.
And that's kind of what happened with Nagoshi with DAYTONA although usually Suzuki gets all the credit. People in Sega get their dues and whether they can take the oppurtunity move on to create their own titles. its happened before and it'll happen again. But some people seem to think it doesn't happen anymore within sega when that's simply isn't true.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2013, 05:24:01 am »

Really desperate now aren't you.

No you tried to be funny . If Ueda-sand had his way it would be a big AAA console project , not that Deamon Tribe is his baby anway .He's a brilliant artists and most good artists come up with concepts that make programmers and modellers  cry with how they're expected to get that running in game

To see this great team making games for iOS is a joke imo .

And that's kind of what happened with Nagoshi with DAYTONA

So he should ,compare Daytona USA to Daytona USA II and its quite clear which title had the magic Suzuki-san touch . Where it came to driving games there's no-body better than Suzuki-san . Sad to see SEGA let this man go and treat him like shit :(. Speaking of AM#2 it's time that Makoto Osaki-san was given the chance to be Team head and lead a team , Given that man talents

Lots of games got canned by Sega last year so he wasn't the only one.

Some of us tried telling you that years ago,how Yu Suzuki was part time also and so on;all rubbished by you (of course) and hitting back with SEGA secret plan and document : how SEGA had all these big games planed and Yu Suzuki alone was working on 4 titles . I told you years ago. SEGA Japan is a shadow of its former self it was in  desperate need to up its game and its next gen pipe-lines and to stop the quick and easy fixes.

People in Sega get their dues and whether they can take the oppurtunity move on to create their own titles
If only that was the case . Then people like Ueda-san, Kikuchi-san,  Yuda-san would be handling their own Teams to lead and be heads right now . Looking how if how in the past Kodama-san , Oshima-san, Ishii-san should have been made Heads and lead teams .

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:34:56 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 09:03:42 am »
No you tried to be funny . If Ueda-sand had his way it would be a big AAA console project , not that Deamon Tribe is his baby anway .He's a brilliant artists and most good artists come up with concepts that make programmers and modellers  cry with how they're expected to get that running in game

To see this great team making games for iOS is a joke imo .

Funny? For  yopur claims saying he's not getting any chance in making games,he's getting more than an oppurtunity. maybe you should remember on what you said.
So he should ,compare Daytona USA to Daytona USA II and its quite clear which title had the magic Suzuki-san touch . Where it came to driving games there's no-body better than Suzuki-san . Sad to see SEGA let this man go and treat him like shit :(. Speaking of AM#2 it's time that Makoto Osaki-san was given the chance to be Team head and lead a team , Given that man talents

That was never the point. The point is talented programmers/coders etc get their chance to shine in sega. that hasn't changed.

Some of us tried telling you that years ago,how Yu Suzuki was part time also and so on;all rubbished by you (of course) and hitting back with SEGA secret plan and document : how SEGA had all these big games planed and Yu Suzuki alone was working on 4 titles . I told you years ago. SEGA Japan is a shadow of its former self it was in  desperate need to up its game and its next gen pipe-lines and to stop the quick and easy fixes.

Years ago? The games got canned in the last few months of last year. This isn't something that happened years ago. LOL How desperate have you become.

And as for Suzuki, you said he was retired i said he wsasn't. So don't bother coming up with that or the 4 title to seven title baloney you stouted. especially when i never put a numbero n how many titles he ws working on. The Suzuki thing is not connected to what's happened in the last fiscal year. Again clearly indicating you haven't a clue on what you are on about.
If only that was the case . Then people like Ueda-san, Kikuchi-san,  Yuda-san would be handling their own Teams to lead and be heads right now . Looking how if how in the past Kodama-san , Oshima-san, Ishii-san should have been made Heads and lead teams .
And whose to say they haven't kodama was in charge of a game line from the mid noughties, and the others have had oppurtunities to shine.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:07:12 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2013, 07:30:35 am »
claims saying he's not getting any chance in making games,he's getting more than an oppurtunity. maybe you should remember on what you said.

He wasn't allowed to make the game he wanted to make. Some 3 years ago Ueda-san (along with a handful of others)  made a presentation to the  SEGA board for a new IP for the current consoles with a stunning CGI presentation that was leagues ahead of anything the other Teams showed off, but it was sadly rejected.

The point is talented programmers/coders etc get their chance to shine in sega

Programmers come and go .
SEGA needs a good line of young talent/designers & Producers to take over from the old guard . That isn't happing, people like Nagoshi-san still call the shots and that needs to change and the younger members given their time to lead the teams, just like the old SEGA allowed Suzuki-san, Nagoshi-san Ect to be Team heads and make their own games.

Years ago? The games got canned in the last few months of last year

Yep over 2 years ago . Quite a few projects got dropped with Sammy slashing the amount of money SEGA spend on R&D for the consoles .

And as for Suzuki, you said he was retired i said he wsasn't.

I said he was 'semi retired' which was exactly what he was ; Of course you rubbish it and not only that said he alone was working on 4 new games . In the end the truth game out , just like it did for the The Box/The Ritualyst. Which you always claimed was called the The Crucible and would never have a name change but some told you otherwise . Maybe one day we'll get to see what Ueda-san had planned a few years ago :P

And whose to say they haven't kodama was in charge of a game line from the mid noughties

She's never been a Team head in all her years at SEGA

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2013, 12:30:54 pm »
He wasn't allowed to make the game he wanted to make. Some 3 years ago Ueda-san (along with a handful of others)  made a presentation to the  SEGA board for a new IP for the current consoles with a stunning CGI presentation that was leagues ahead of anything the other Teams showed off, but it was sadly rejected.

You just said he was making a new game that got recently canned along with others. You're switching it to a game that didn't get commissoned. make your mind up and stick to the point.
Programmers come and go .
SEGA needs a good line of young talent/designers & Producers to take over from the old guard . That isn't happing, people like Nagoshi-san still call the shots and that needs to change and the younger members given their time to lead the teams, just like the old SEGA allowed Suzuki-san, Nagoshi-san Ect to be Team heads and make their own games.

You keep using examples and then dismiss them in your own post. Only a handful of great talent are really going to rise above the ranks and get out the games they want to create. no different now and no different then.
Yep over 2 years ago . Quite a few projects got dropped with Sammy slashing the amount of money SEGA spend on R&D for the consoles .

Were talking about last year mate, not two years ago.
I said he was 'semi retired' which was exactly what he was ; Of course you rubbish it and not only that said he alone was working on 4 new games . In the end the truth game out , just like it did for the The Box/The Ritualyst. Which you always claimed was called the The Crucible and would never have a name change but some told you otherwise . Maybe one day we'll get to see what Ueda-san had planned a few years ago :P

because he wasn't semi retired at that time let alone left sega. it was only confirmed a year afterwards. And don't bring up the Ritualist BS with me either because you said they never chose that name.,people tell you things that you choose to ignore all the time despite the evidence indicating it.

She's never been a Team head in all her years at SEGA
Yes she was put in charge of the quiz/puzzle line.

Offline seg13bit

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 09:57:58 am »
You just said he was making a new game that got recently canned along with others. You're switching it to a game that didn't get commissoned. make your mind up and stick to the point.
You keep using examples and then dismiss them in your own post. Only a handful of great talent are really going to rise above the ranks and get out the games they want to create. no different now and no different then.
Were talking about last year mate, not two years ago.
because he wasn't semi retired at that time let alone left sega. it was only confirmed a year afterwards. And don't bring up the Ritualist BS with me either because you said they never chose that name.,people tell you things that you choose to ignore all the time despite the evidence indicating it.

I will just wait for the new upcominggames for my tabet, so that I can play all time.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:58:18 am by seg13bit »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2013, 11:47:53 am »
You just said he was making a new game that got recently canned along with others

No I said he had left the Yakuza Team during development of Kenzan and was looking to start work on his own game, that got canned not long in and he was then offered a job in the Sonic Team.

Only a handful of great talent are really going to rise above the ranks and get out the games

You can list the old classic SEGA members that were able to be Team Heads and lead their own Teams . The current SEGA it's not even close , that is part of SEGA Japan trouble

Were talking about last year mate, not two years ago

Sammy slashed SEGA R&D spending on games by over 20 million 2 years ago and hasn't began to increase spending on R&D and that is sadly reflected in SEGA's output.

because he wasn't semi retired at that time let alone left sega

You were told long before the story broke, about Suzuki-san real role in SEGA. He was semi retired and just worked on projects that took his interest; But was not in command of his own Team or leading any big projects .

And don't bring up the Ritualist BS with me either because you said they never chose that name

Ohh the Ritualist now...  You couldn't make it up , not after you claimed it would always be called The Crucible and don't make out otherwise .

Everyone from the old SEGA nerds days will know the truth .

No that would be Akira Nishino . Komama-san only ever been a producer/director at SEGA - Never a Team head

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2013, 02:03:50 pm »
No I said he had left the Yakuza Team during development of Kenzan and was looking to start work on his own game, that got canned not long in and he was then offered a job in the Sonic Team.

proof?

Offline ROJM

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 08:28:48 am »
[

No you never said that. And B , the discussion was about current events like the last year or so when games got canned. Talking about a game that never was going to happen in a period that was not in discussion is a pure example of you switching things to get an upper hand in an argument you have already lost.

You can list the old classic SEGA members that were able to be Team Heads and lead their own Teams . The current SEGA it's not even close , that is part of SEGA Japan trouble

Things were different back then. You could also have trouble naming who's who back in the old SG1000 to pre master system days. Its only within the tailend of the genesis era into the saturn and DC eras that certain people became well known. And that's due to several things mainly a growing games magazine industry during that period. Just because its gone back to how it use to be doesn't mean its the downfall of sega.Geta grip, man.

Sammy slashed SEGA R&D spending on games by over 20 million 2 years ago and hasn't began to increase spending on R&D and that is sadly reflected in SEGA's output.
Yawn, never said it didn't.
You were told long before the story broke, about Suzuki-san real role in SEGA. He was semi retired and just worked on projects that took his interest; But was not in command of his own Team or leading any big projects .
Er no. You said retired, he actually stepped down from his corporate role not from games which is what i had stated.
Ohh the Ritualist now...  You couldn't make it up , not after you claimed it would always be called The Crucible and don't make out otherwise .

That's the name of the game isn't it?! Make up ypur mind. I never claimed it would always be called the crucible either i just disputed the name change which technically happened with THQ when they brought the title. It was never official that's the point.

Everyone from the old SEGA nerds days will know the truth .

Yes they know you BS a lot.
No that would be Akira Nishino . Komama-san only ever been a producer/director at SEGA - Never a Team head
And many people at sega was effectivly doing two jobs. She was efectivly in charge of sega's
NARUHODO line after they were becoming popular and she came off ALTERED BEAST.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:27:53 am by ROJM »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 07:37:26 am »
proof?

You wont get it. What TA actually means is that he made a ambigous statement that can refer to any title and then claim it as being the game he was on about when its revealed and have everyone excited about. Unlike myself who actually say what the games are when i know them or hear about it. some dont happen some actually do but i live by my record and people can see how exact i am unlike some who cant and uses pitiful excuses to cower behind.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 03:43:36 am »
ROJM I don't want it to become a soap opera . Only to say that Ueda-san left the Yakuza team during development of Yakuza:Kenzan and that's when he was looking for idea's and funding for his new concept game
About The Crucible - you know full well what you said and that I told you it was to have a name change and before you hit out - I knew one of the members working on the game and joked to that person,that people would think it would be a snooker game That's not the reason why the name was changed btw, but I did know the project was going to have a name change for retail

And Komama-san has never been a Team head , the likes of Nishino-san was in charge of the Hand Held division . To be fair though  Nishino-san is a good safe pair of hands, but SEGA now needs to let some of the younger members have their moment and make fresh new content and IP for the next gen.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline joe

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2013, 11:40:03 pm »
What I would have loved him to say would be, "One of the first games for Dreamcast 2 is Shenmue 3."  But can't have everything.  Shenmue 3 on Wii U would be cool because of their touch pad...just a thought.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2013, 11:30:12 am »
ROJM I don't want it to become a soap opera . Only to say that Ueda-san left the Yakuza team during development of Yakuza:Kenzan and that's when he was looking for idea's and funding for his new concept game

Like i said I'm not happy how things are within Sega but back at the time i don't feel that it was more diffulcult to get a project going than anyone else getting a game started in Sega. The game you are going on about didn't get greenlighted. The game I'M talking about did get greenlighted but got canned, with EVERY other game that had started production but found themselves getting canned by the management during 2012. So it wasn't Ueda san being singled out like you are trying to impress to everyone else here. There is no point talking about a game that never got off the ground in the mid noughties when I was specifically talking about games that was supposed to be made in the last two years. it wasn't and never was part of the conversation and you know it. So stop switching things to suit your agenda and keep to the point.
About The Crucible - you know full well what you said and that I told you it was to have a name change and before you hit out - I knew one of the members working on the game and joked to that person,that people would think it would be a snooker game That's not the reason why the name was changed btw, but I did know the project was going to have a name change for retail

Oh i know you joked about it being a snooker game as you mentioned it at the time. My point is when you said it changed its name it was never official and it wasn't at the time. Then the project went thru all the troubles before they sold it off to THQ. So i wasn't wrong at that time about it not being changed because Sega never officially changed it until THQ got their hands on it.   
And Komama-san has never been a Team head , the likes of Nishino-san was in charge of the Hand Held division . To be fair though  Nishino-san is a good safe pair of hands, but SEGA now needs to let some of the younger members have their moment and make fresh new content and IP for the next gen.

Actually she was in the puzzle line software, being the main producers. i never said she was in charge of the handheld division. Keep up.