Author Topic: E3 2013 Megatopic  (Read 24995 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: E3 2013 Megatopic
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2013, 06:31:08 pm »
I agree, Dead Rising isn't that big a name, and now they've taken away what most of the fans (I think) loved about it, which was it's goofy and fun nature. My favourite DR game is DR2: Off the Record, because the whole game is Frank West suplexing zombies in a mankini, building lightsabers from household items and delivering one-liners that would make David Caruso cringe.

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2013, 01:11:45 am »
Well, I got to do a lot more "Non-Sega" stuff today as we've finished getting all our playthroughs and interviews done and stayed mostly in the West Hall checking out Nintendo, Playstation, and because Nux dragged me there, X-Box.

Nintendo:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics has better gameplay and visuals than the older ones, but the framerate is suffering right now. We had footage of the entire demo, but Nux lost his camera.

Super Mario 3D World was a lot more fun than expected. I was originally pissed that it wasn't Mario Galaxy 3, but there's a lot of fun there.

Damn son! Mario Kart 8 was not only fun to play, it looked gorgeous!! The lighting engine used really gives it a CGI look. This is the most "Next Gen" Wii U title I've seen. Very impressive.

Sony:

The PS4 controller is a big improvement over the Dual Shock. The fatter handles feel better and thank god, the L2/R2 buttons are concave so your fingers don't slide off. The 360 controller still feels the most comfortable though. Also, a bit too heavy.

First PS4 game I got to try was an indy game called Octodad: Dadliest Catch. A funny and crazy physics game where you play as an octopus disguising himself as a human and marrying a single mother. It's a ragdoll physics game where since he''s an octopus his center of gravity is really off and just doing the most basic of functions is a chore. It's hilarious and fun.

I got to sit in a room and watch someone else play Killzone 4 on a large screen. Unfortunatly, they chose this boring forest level that didn't look next gen at all. Seriously, it looked like Killzone 3 only slightly sharper. Disappointing

Finally, we played Knack. The game is fun with very easy controls and the game has this "TV CGI cartoon" look to it that I like. However, the games visuals seem fuzzy. Like sub 720p and the framrate is 30 FPS or below.

While I plan to get a PS4 in the future, nothing here tells me I need one at launch.

X-Box:

The new controller feels odd and flimsy. Like it's a third party controller. Very cheap.

The only two games I played was a gold game (meh) while waiting to play the only XBone game I cared about, Crimson Dragon. I'm both sad and happy to say the game was a dissapointment. Sad, because I love Panzer Dragoon games and happy because I have ZERO reason to even think of buying a XBone.

Unlike previous PD games where you aim and steer with the same stick, this one has it one separate joysticks. You steer the dragon with the left, aim with the right. It makes it awkward to play. Not only that, the aiming is poor.

Yes, yes. I still have more writing to do. Expect a hands-on report of company of Heroes 2 soon along with an interview.

Grammar Expert Plus

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2013, 02:44:44 am »
GET THAT THING DONE! No hating on Xbox till its done. Then you can hate all you want.

I can't wait till these systems are out and all their great looking games come out. This is a MMO.

Compare the launch games of 360 to their 3rd or 4th year in.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2013, 07:46:18 am »
Finally, we played Knack. The game is fun with very easy controls and the game has this "TV CGI cartoon" look to it that I like. However, the games visuals seem fuzzy. Like sub 720p and the framrate is 30 FPS or below.

That's weird, most PS4 games so far suggest that native 1080p is the new standard for games. It'd be weird if a first party game like Knack would be below 720p.

Offline TJKitsune

• Total Meseta: 13
  • That Crazy Fox
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2013, 10:05:29 am »
Crimson Dragon a disappointment?  Well, that's.....disappointing... :(

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2013, 10:11:02 am »
I've read good previews of Crimson Dragon, shame Shigs didn't like it but I'm not writing it off.

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2013, 12:22:53 pm »
Yeah, nothing in these launch games impress me graphically, but first year titles are often like that. I'm sure next E3 will have PS4 games that will wow me.

The XBone controller probably felt very light because it wired and likely had no batteries inside.
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2013, 12:46:13 pm »
^that's no excuse. The 360's wired controlled is one of the best controllers ever, this should at least be as good.

If there was one thing I was envying the Xbone for was it's controller.
SEG4GES

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2013, 01:34:20 pm »
GET THAT THING DONE! No hating on Xbox till its done. Then you can hate all you want.

I can't wait till these systems are out and all their great looking games come out. This is a MMO.

Compare the launch games of 360 to their 3rd or 4th year in.

That looks awesome, what game is that?
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2013, 04:18:00 pm »

it looks really small!

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/416674255

watch from the 3 hour 24min mark if you are interested and seeing what they are talking about

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2013, 04:42:45 pm »
Tom Clancy's The Division