Author Topic: Any gameplay for the Japanese version of All-Stars Transformed?  (Read 10565 times)

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
I'm extremely curious about the Japanese version because in all honesty, I really just want to know how Beat and Gum sound in that version, like if they have new voices or they reused the voices from the Japanese version(or even the English version of Transformed), among other characters(apparently Ulala has a new VA for this version and I definitely wanna hear that).

The problem is, all my attempts to find footage of it has led me to trailers for it. I've found lots of footage from Japanese players of the English version, but absolutely none besides trailers for the Japanese version. I've tried YouTube and Niconico, I've searched using Japanese and English, and I've turned up nothing. Has anyone been able to find footage of it? And if not, is there anyone who can provide footage?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:23:46 am by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
Re: Any gameplay for the Jap version of All-Stars Transformed?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 01:44:03 am »
Seriously, the "Jap" version?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Any gameplay for the Japanese version of All-Stars Transformed?
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 08:24:58 am »
Seriously, the "Jap" version?

Spotted that too, made the edit. In the future, let's stick to Japanese or JP to avoid the whole slur thing.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 09:01:04 am »
Are you serious? Are we really getting that touchy now? It's not like he called them nips...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 09:14:33 am »
It's not being touchy, it's being respectful. DO you want to make Yu Suzuki cry?? YOU MONSTER!

No but seriously, I just changed "Jap" to "Japanese".

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 11:22:53 am »
It has come to my attention that the game didn't do very well in japan. I find that so weird, like does the SEGA allstar concept dont have any appeal that all? I would t hink the trailer looks really appealing..

They should've perhaps launched with a big japanese character like hatsune miku

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 11:39:45 am »

They should've perhaps launched with a big japanese character like hatsune miku

You know, that'd look more appealing in JP, I mean, Japan.

They had 18 months to 'adapt' the game to the eastern market...

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 02:34:12 pm »
Really sorry about the accidental slurs. I wasn't actually aware of it being a slur, and I promise not to repeat that mistake. For some reason, JP escaped my mind when making this post, so I apologize.

Anyway, I'm really disappointed it didn't do so hot there. I couldn't really guess what the reason is. Maybe because it came out so close to Mario Kart 8, and gamers there aren't willing to take a chance on a mostly unknown series, even with Sega characters?

Offline Kuronoa

• Segalization
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 03:19:11 pm »
The audience probably imported it.  Considering the previous crossovers didn't make it over.  Most of the Amazon reviews for the game date well before the actual localized release.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 03:15:15 am »
Are you serious? Are we really getting that touchy now? It's not like he called them nips...

It's the same thing.  I thought I was at my grandparents' house for a minute, but at least they fought in WWII.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 07:11:24 am »
Anyone who thinks that the game sold poorly due to close proximity of Mario Kart overlooks the fact that a) It's also available on the Playstation 3 and b) Sonic is a poor selling franchise in Japan. It's not really shocking as I'd imagine most people associate the title with Sonic which has been selling poorly in Japan for almost a decade now.

The last major Sonic game (Lost World) didn't even manage to sell over 20,000 units last time I checked and Sonic Generations sold just under 30,000 units.

Offline fernandeath

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 09:09:16 am »
Maybe they should have removed the 'Sonic' from the title of the game...

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 11:34:22 am »
Anyone who thinks that the game sold poorly due to close proximity of Mario Kart overlooks the fact that a) It's also available on the Playstation 3 and b) Sonic is a poor selling franchise in Japan. It's not really shocking as I'd imagine most people associate the title with Sonic which has been selling poorly in Japan for almost a decade now.

The last major Sonic game (Lost World) didn't even manage to sell over 20,000 units last time I checked and Sonic Generations sold just under 30,000 units.
Deserves to do better than mario kart since it's better. I mean honestly investing in a kazuma kiryu or hatsune miku could have really raised a lot of interest to establishing the series. Game deserves all recognition and Sumo has done a fine job so far. The whole danica pattrick thing was stupid though looking back... man that was really weird

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 11:56:48 am »
Deserves to do better than mario kart since it's better. I mean honestly investing in a kazuma kiryu or hatsune miku could have really raised a lot of interest to establishing the series. Game deserves all recognition and Sumo has done a fine job so far. The whole danica pattrick thing was stupid though looking back... man that was really weird

I doubt having Kiryu or Miku would have done much for the game. We got a Kazuma Kiryu (Unlike with several other) cameo in Binary Domain and that game failed to see more than 130,000 units in Japan whilst Miku appeared in 7th Dragon and the increase in sales was negligible. I doubt the demograph that either series appeals to would be interested in a kart racing game.