Author Topic: Sonic Colours Discussion  (Read 225951 times)

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: Sonic Colours announced for Wii/DS
« Reply #735 on: November 09, 2010, 07:10:57 pm »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #736 on: November 09, 2010, 07:13:01 pm »
I took a trip down memory lane... It wasn't pretty.

Shadow the Hedgehog review from GT

I would kill to know who was the GT writer who wrote this review and whenever or not he was somehow involved in the most recent reviews.

Because, whatever the cause, it is beyond strange.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #737 on: November 09, 2010, 07:16:35 pm »
Quote from: "max_cady"
I took a trip down memory lane... It wasn't pretty.

Shadow the Hedgehog review from GT

I would kill to know who was the GT writer who wrote this review and whenever or not he was somehow involved in the most recent reviews.

Because, whatever the cause, it is beyond strange.

Yeah, I always found it strange how that's the highest rated Sonic game on their site. I guess GameTrailers REALLY likes guns. =P
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #738 on: November 09, 2010, 07:26:41 pm »
GameTrailers is usually very good with their reviews I think, but I never saw a review of theirs on a Sonic game I thought that was decent. I am not sure what to say about this one, but comments like "Longest Sonic game in recent memory" and "Five hours" are not right at all. Sonic Adventure is around ten hours and Sonic Unleashed is around twenty!

I was expecting not to get this game, but I will most likely be able to play through it sometime next week. I am sure I will like it, but there is a lot of things I hate as well, like how Sonic can swim now for some reason.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #739 on: November 09, 2010, 07:34:51 pm »
Still cool to shit on Sonic games I see. Nice.

What I find really jarring is the amount of double standards and flat out changes of tune.

Youll see one review by a site that says one thing is a possitive and then the in the next game its a negitive yet its the same mechanic...

And nobody comments on things like the fantastic sound track, how mind blowing the graphics are for a Wii game or the awesome quotes by Dr Robotnik.

I think this does nothing but highlight the problems with videogame critics today...

Complaining that Sonic Colours 'controls itself' when it doesn't really at all and then giving the next Call of Duty high scores over looking it's Auto Aim and extremely liniar gameplay... So its ok if the game is stupidly popular but if it is Sonic, hate away!
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #740 on: November 09, 2010, 07:59:35 pm »
Yeah they missed a lot of stuff, but just because they did not mention the soundtrack does not mean they loved it and are just hiding the fact. The same is true with the quotes, a lot of the "Comedy" in the game is not that great, just because Robotnik is the best he has been since Adventure 2 does not really mean much when they might not even like the character.

I am not sure why you were expecting much different. It will be like this for at least the rest of this console generation, if not longer. A lot of "Normal gamers" are just sick of seeing 4+ Sonic games a year.

My favorite case of Sonic reviews was with IGN on Sonic Adventure 2. In the Dreamcast review they said something like "Great 80s style music", and in the GameCube release less than a year later they said "Horrible 80s style music". loooooooooooool

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #741 on: November 09, 2010, 08:26:39 pm »
Goodness, it's hard to believe that this game is only a week away from release! ^__^

Who will be doing the honors of review this time?

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #742 on: November 09, 2010, 10:02:02 pm »
Famitsu:

Sonic Colors (Wii) – 8/8/8/10
Sonic Colors (DS) – 8/8/8/8
Made by SEGA

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #743 on: November 09, 2010, 10:07:37 pm »
Wow, someone gave it a 10? That's awesome! ^___^

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #744 on: November 10, 2010, 02:12:58 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Still cool to shit on Sonic games I see. Nice.

What I find really jarring is the amount of double standards and flat out changes of tune.

Youll see one review by a site that says one thing is a possitive and then the in the next game its a negitive yet its the same mechanic...

And nobody comments on things like the fantastic sound track, how mind blowing the graphics are for a Wii game or the awesome quotes by Dr Robotnik.

I think this does nothing but highlight the problems with videogame critics today...

Complaining that Sonic Colours 'controls itself' when it doesn't really at all and then giving the next Call of Duty high scores over looking it's Auto Aim and extremely liniar gameplay... So its ok if the game is stupidly popular but if it is Sonic, hate away!

They're just judging the game on it's own merits! Like Sonic 4, right?

(Mostly joking, don't take it too seriously.)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #745 on: November 10, 2010, 06:35:48 am »
The game is not automated. Every sonic game ever since sonic 2 has had some automation sections. It becomes a problem when the whole game is built around automation whereas in sonic colors I think maybe just 10/20 procent of the whole game is eye candy, but those eye candy parts are just a beautifull sights. Some which gave me chills of how awesome they looked.

Also something noticable about this game that I liked is the reduction of ring placement. I havent seen such few rings ever since sonic 1 and I have always had a problem with the idea that it was like you were invincible with so many rings everywhere(minus botomless pits).

Also the way the rings scatter around like crazy which is done in a way that they aren't easy to get them back.

This all results in a more challenging game. I actually found myself going back looking for 1 ring because I didn't want to take the risk to die lol.

This is why I like this game so much, it's like they really thought things through. When you could get 500  rings in sonic unleashed in 2 minutes, lose just half if you get hit has all been done right in colors and taken a step above it.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #746 on: November 10, 2010, 06:53:12 am »
Oh, well, at least the DS version got a 7.9/10 from GameTrailers.

Better executed than the Wii version, they say.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #747 on: November 10, 2010, 07:17:35 am »
IGN gave it an 8.5, praising the visuals, soundtracks and script Sharky.

They actually also go on to call it the best sonic game since 1992.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #748 on: November 10, 2010, 07:45:48 am »
Someone placed a super sonic youtube video link at sonicstadium. I am not gonna put it here though :p. some might have a hard time to keep themselves from watching it and regret it after. I experienced stuff like this in the past so.. just being thoughtfull  :P

So yeah, it's confirmed. After finishing all the sonic simulator stages you unlock super sonic.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #749 on: November 10, 2010, 08:00:33 am »
This year alone, EVERY Sonic game featured Super Sonic. SASASR had him as an All-Star move, Sonic 4 had him, Sonic Free Riders has him and now Sonic Colors has him.

lol, oh yeah, and every game BUT Colors had Metal Sonic.