Author Topic: Segas lack of conferences sucks.  (Read 18334 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Segas lack of conferences sucks.
« on: June 16, 2010, 07:27:36 am »
God I wish Sega would start having conferences at E3 again... It’s conferences that build the brand recognition, as well as show off the games. I feel every E3 Sega drags their knuckles and limps around releasing a few bits of game play here and there relying on people at the event to show off their games for them via shaky cam videos on youtube.

If Konami can do it, If Ubisoft and Capcom can do it... Sega sure as hell can do it. It isn't as if they haven't got anything to show.

If Sega had gone up on stage and shown off their current E3 line up I'm SURE it would have gone down very well. Vanquish, Sonic Colours, Shogun 2, Phantasy Star Portable 2, Yakuza 4, Valkryia Chronicles 2, Sonic 4 etc... Could have been good for Segas pretty poor current reputation.

Sure conferences cost money but the ends justify the means.

I'm tired of Sega being content with just existing, limping along like a lame duck publisher, it's depressing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Segas lack of conferences sucks.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 07:30:47 am »
Agreed. This was their strongest third party year in a LONG time and it called for a big show. They definitely would have outdone UbiSoft.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 07:51:39 am »
Their biggest game (well I think it should be their biggest game) leaked all over the internet before release. They keep leaking everything. How can they surprise anyone?

I'd like to see a Sega conference too but how can they manage something exciting when all they got at this years conferences was their logo on Nintendo's keynote? They can't even get the hardware makers to back their stuff. The Sonic logo would have gone very well with the 3DS annoucements... Even Saints Row was there. I don't think Yakuza 4 was on the damn Sony montages either.

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 08:13:29 am »
Well Gamespot is having a live SEGA booth tour today. And tomorrow they're gonna go in-depth on Sonic 4 and Valkyria Chronicles 2.

http://http://e3.gamespot.com/e3-live-schedule/#live_schedule

So that's something, right?

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 08:30:46 am »
It would be nice to see Sega have E3 conferences again, but at least their TGS conferences are really good.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 09:12:32 am »
Quote from: "CosmicCastaway"
at least their TGS conferences are really good.
Not when Nagoshi comes on stage for 2 hours demonstrating  RGG5 with its reused assists and new hostess clubs.

As much as I liked the Yakuza series, I'm tired of it now, I really really hope TGS this year will have some thing new...

Offline Sharky

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 09:22:40 am »
Their biggest game (well I think it should be their biggest game) leaked all over the internet before release. They keep leaking everything. How can they surprise anyone?
I don't even think they need to surpise anyone, I mean it would be good but it isnt needed. I just think Sega needs to make a big deal out of their games they have a great line up this E3 and they are doing very little to promote them. They should be boasting about it, showing it off...

Have some fat pie faced tool like Reggie standing on a stage saying every sentance in short five word bursts to try and drum up some fake hype that seems to work...

That kind of shit.

Quote from: "Dr. SEGA Monkey"
Well Gamespot is having a live SEGA booth tour today. And tomorrow they're gonna go in-depth on Sonic 4 and Valkyria Chronicles 2.

http://http://e3.gamespot.com/e3-live-schedule/#live_schedule

So that's something, right?

Well yeah but that isnt Sega, they are simply waiting for Gamespot to do their dirty work.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 09:51:52 am »
Nintendo and especially Sony had a lot of filler scenes. I think SEGA should have payed them some money to at least mention them at least. Microsoft seemed a bit embarrassed by Sonic Free Riders, and I can understand why, lol.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 11:23:22 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Nintendo and especially Sony had a lot of filler scenes. I think SEGA should have payed them some money to at least mention them at least. Microsoft seemed a bit embarrassed by Sonic Free Riders, and I can understand why, lol.

Really? because everything else on Kenect was pretty much very casual wii style rubbish, glorified tech demos and fitness crap.

Sonic Riders seems like the only launch game that is actually a game.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 11:37:14 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"

Really? because everything else on Kenect was pretty much very casual wii style rubbish, glorified tech demos and fitness crap.

Sonic Riders seems like the only launch game that is actually a game.

I am not sure how you can say it looks to be the only 'real game' when we have not seen half of it. I would say Dance Central already seems like a billion times better and have more to it than Sonic Free Riders, and I am not even interested in the music genre. Kinect Joy Ride probably has similar content as well, [spoiler:35yxtuoe]but I guess you hate it because it is not by SUMO Digital.[/spoiler:35yxtuoe] :P

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 12:40:01 pm »
Its hard really, especially since all 3 conferences really did suck. Just that one actually showed exciting stuff. Imagine the presser on SEGA.

Though if I was them. I would make it short and sweet. Look at Ubisoft. Not how to do it.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 12:44:24 pm »
Sega booth tour starts in a few minutes!

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 12:56:17 pm »
The guy is talking about Vanquish.What did I miss?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 12:59:37 pm »
Gah, it's shit. The guy is blowing through the booth saying "whats this? Yakuza 4? I don't remember 1,2 or 3.Moving on!" then he runs right past about 3 game demos only to pause at the booth babes, not mentioning the game they represent of course.

You'd get more news via SEGAbits and random YouTube videos than Gamespot's "tour".

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 01:11:24 pm »
Quotes from the host:

"Yakuza 4?? I don't remember Yakuza 1, 2, or 3, but whatever."

"Crazy Taxi? Didn't that game come out like 18 years ago? Moving on."

"Where's all the good stuff?!"

"Sonic Colors is like the 89th Sonic release. As long as people keep buying them, they'll keep making them."