Author Topic: Iizuka talks Sonic's 20th anniversary, hints at humans retur  (Read 23939 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Iizuka talks Sonic's 20th anniversary, hints at humans retur
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2010, 01:54:09 pm »
Cmon Sharky, he wasn't ignoring :/

@Autosaver
don't take numbers seriously. Sony has a 68 average without any game bellow 50. This means their games are more mediocre.
I rather have some bad games and then excellent ones than some good some so-so.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
SEG4GES

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2010, 01:56:07 pm »
But, like I stated. I am at fault for being ignorant stating

"LULZ 90% SEGA SUX"
Its a huge exaggeration. They do have a lot of crap games. But they also have a lot of good ones. I also don't have a 360/PS3. Sega hasn't been treating the Wii nicely which is also another reason for the sour flavor.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2010, 02:00:53 pm »
Quote from: "Autosaver"
Where did I say I didn't like Sega? And what is wrong with Pokemon?
You could have fooled me... With your '90% of everything sega makes sucks' comment...

Whats wrong with Pokemon? how about it has hardly changed since the first game and just about any other company out there would done the series far more justice with better more ambitious games.

Pokemon was fine, when it first came out back when I was about 14... But the series has hardly changed since and everyones been asking for a Pokemon RPG on console since fuck knowns when...

How about every 3D Pokemon game has been terrible spin offs since the first on N64, which at least in my opinion was a glorified random enounter system from an RPG... with out the actual RPG.

Huh? I don't go on this forum quite often. And I usually go into the Everything else section if I do. I wasn't ignoring you.
I've SEEN you browsing this section of the forum... As has Shadi.

loltheydoitprofityum
Oh sorry, I didn't know you knew better then me... Do tell, what DO they make them for if not profit?

Are you honestly thinking I have a grudge on Sega just because I have a Wii and playing Nintendo games?
If anyone had seen how you have acted on the Sega forums, epically when you first signed up then yes most definitely. Now you may be better at hiding it but... not that good.
Made by SEGA

Offline Autosaver

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2010, 02:15:59 pm »
I've SEEN you browsing this section of the forum... As has Shadi.
I posted in other threads.

I don't really see the ignoring part. I posted a couple days after you. So..what?
Oh sorry, I didn't know you knew better then me... Do tell, what DO they make them for if not profit?

I was pointing out that making crappy games for money does not help your image.

If anyone had seen how you have acted on the Sega forums, epically when you first signed up then yes most definitely. Now you may be better at hiding it but... not that good.

I may be a mindless Sonic/Nintendo fanboy. But I do not hate Sega. :/ (Except maybe the fact that the 360/PS3 is getting better games from them...)

Offline Sharky

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2010, 02:34:06 pm »
I was pointing out that making crappy games for money does not help your image.
It was hard to gage WHAT you were trying to get at with that nonsense reply.
Either way no of course they don't but frankly if every other 3rd party publisher is going to do it I don't see why Sega shouldn't...

I may be a mindless Sonic/Nintendo fanboy.
Tru dat.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2010, 03:10:58 pm »
I think a lot of bullshit is coming from both of you.

Bringing up stuff like movie games, who the Hell even cares? Usually the people interested in this stuff are satisfied with these products, just because REALGAMERS hate them does not mean they have no purpose in the world. SEGA is a company above all else, and in any case you could bring up, they need to make money at the end of the day, this is true with every company in the world.

I do not know why Autosaver hates SEGA for 'mistreating' Wii, if you look closely you would find that SEGA probably has more products on Wii than any other third party out there, which includes everything from Virtual Console releases to big budget stuff like MADWORLD or Samba De Amigo. I am entirely certain you cannot find any other publisher with such a bizarre plethora of releases on the platform. I can understand you might not like Ghost Squad or SEGA Bass Fishing on Wii, but the developers worked hard on those and added an incredible amount of extra content for these releases, all the while making them affordable. You should at least appreciate that they are trying harder than any other publisher on the platform, like look at any third party you could think of... Name how many Wii games they made last year. I bet SEGA made double that, and they are probably all have around the same ratings overall.

You also have to keep in mind that those scores are not always COMPLETE PROOF a game sucks. Do you not know that many of those movie games get multiple releases, making SEGA's overall average look like they have 5 or more extra poorly rated games hurting their overall average when it is just the same game all along, or do I need to bring up that GameSpot Kane & Lynch controversy again?

As for Sharky, most of your comments are correct, but in the case of Nintendo you are pretty much just freaking out with blind hatred. Have you seen the Pokemon games lately? Obviously they are similar because they are in the same series, but they have taken so many huge leaps in quality and general design with each major release that to ignore it is just as ignorant as the people who hate on Virtua Fighter for no reason. Almost all Pokemon games are not even made by Nintendo, anyways, nor do they have much say in the franchise anymore.

Saying shit like Nintendo never made a creative game since the Super Nintendo is complete nonsense... Look at Pikmin, Odama, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, ExciteBots, Captain Rainbow etc, these games all have very creative and unique design overall, especially when you compare them to something like Border Break which IMHO has not shown anything original at all (not saying it sucks, mind you). Even something like Super Mario 64 plays almost nothing like any Mario game before it. I do not understand how you could just ignore things like this.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2010, 03:17:37 pm »
@Sharky
On regard to pokemon, it IS a kids game. We were kids when it came out, and kids these days are playing the ones that are coming out now. The base game is the same cause it works great for kids.
The new one shows some battle screen progress (if that's your main gripe with it). Let's see how that works out
SEG4GES

Offline Autosaver

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2010, 03:40:54 pm »
To be honest, I thought the discussion between me and Sharky was over. But...

Samba De Amigo is always talked about having terrible controls and being inferior to the Dreamcast/Arcade versions. I always see that discussion go on every time someone brings up the Wii version.

Madworld - Before you call me a baby, I'm not really fond of gory messes. But yes, IT IS a good game.
Sega Bass fishing - Yay... fishing?
http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/943652- ... index.html
6/10... Hmm, you should of mentioned the Conduit.

But you failed to mention the other stuff Sega has put out. Tournament of Legend, Wackly World of Sports, SATBK are just a few poorly received games. Daisy Funtes(Wii Fit crowd) was just a cheap Wii fit knock off.
We did get Sega All Stars Racing. But it wasn't that impressive, I saw it coming since its a multi-platform game.

Where are our good titles? Yakuza, Valkria Chronicles, Bayonetta, Infinite Space, Vanquish, Resonance of Fate, Alpha Protocol.

I even remember Shadi saying on the Sega boards that Sega doesn't take the Wii seriously. And all they do is make games to support for HD titles.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2010, 03:43:35 pm »
Where are our good titles? Yakuza, Valkria Chronicles, Bayonetta, Infinite Space, Vanquish, Resonance of Fate, Alpha Protocol.

Bump Alpha Protocol from that list and add SASASR!

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2010, 03:49:38 pm »
The Wii market is absolutely terrible for major publishers like SEGA to make a large amount of money, that is why they do not make many impressive Wii games. SEGA tried with plenty of major games, MadWorld, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Samba de Amigo, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, Ghost Squad, The House of the Dead: Overkill etc but other publishers did not and so the market dwindled away.

The Wii is the best selling console this generation, but has the worst attach ratio amongst the big three. Samurai Warriors 3 just came out for both the Wii and PS3 in Japan and the HD version is beating it 5 to 1. This is the case for most games, so why bother with a Wii version? No reason to bother at all.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2010, 03:50:34 pm »
Okay, so Autosaver missed all of my points. Cool.

Do you even play most of these games? Why does a game have to get great reviews before you even attempt it? What ever happened to just playing a game because you liked to play games? I recently tried out a game called "Crusader: No Remorse" on the Saturn because I thought the title was so silly it was awesome, and I loved the game. In fact, I rather just go play that then pathetically look up scores for every game in the world and assume everything that gets an 8 is great, and everything that gets a 7 is terrible.

Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"

Bump Alpha Protocol from that list and add SASASR!

Bump your ass right out of this topic, Barry!

[spoiler:1r9zyach]also wtf why did he mention Resonance of Fate?[/spoiler:1r9zyach]

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2010, 03:55:48 pm »
Resonance of Fate's addition confuses me. If Alpha Protocol and Resonance of Fate are deemed good, then why not SASASR? It's easily a better game than either of those and is much more of a "SEGA" game.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2010, 03:57:45 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"

As for Sharky, most of your comments are correct, but in the case of Nintendo you are pretty much just freaking out with blind hatred. Have you seen the Pokemon games lately? Obviously they are similar because they are in the same series, but they have taken so many huge leaps in quality and general design with each major release that to ignore it is just as ignorant as the people who hate on Virtua Fighter for no reason. Almost all Pokemon games are not even made by Nintendo, anyways, nor do they have much say in the franchise anymore.
To be honest I haven't played a Pokemon game in many many years and Ive never been a fan of the series... But why is it so hard to make a pokemon RPG that is on a console. There might be a few leaps in graphical power and so on but really I think the series is being handled pretty poorly for the kind of thing they COULD be doing with it.

Saying shit like Nintendo never made a creative game since the Super Nintendo is complete nonsense...
I agree, luckily I never said that... I said games like Bayonetta, Valkyria Chronicles and such are MORE creative, more fun and amitious in MY opinion then anything Nintendo have done since then. I'm not saying Nintendo haven't done anything creative... Just that they don't really wow me ever.

As for Border Break, Have Nintendo made an games that are really online focused at all? I think what Border Break has done for Arcades is pretty damn impressive. Hooking up 20 players over arcades in Japan is pretty damn nifty, add the really well used touch screen and head phone functions and I think it's a very impressive game.

But you failed to mention the other stuff Sega has put out. Tournament of Legend, Wackly World of Sports, SATBK are just a few poorly received games. Daisy Funtes(Wii Fit crowd) was just a cheap Wii fit knock off.
We did get Sega All Stars Racing. But it wasn't that impressive, I saw it coming since its a multi-platform game.

I even remember Shadi saying on the Sega boards that Sega doesn't take the Wii seriously. And all they do is make games to support for HD titles.

But what has this got to do with Sega? Sega are doing EXACTLY what ALL 3rd party publisher are doing with the Wii... Treating it like a family toy and thats how it has been marketed by Nintendo...

You act like this is some kind of Sega exclusive problem, Even Nintendo are guilty of this shit... Look at Wii Music, you can't even pretend that shit was good. We can sit around pretending Wii Fit and Wii Sports are good games but there not really even games... This set the tone for the rest of the developers to follow.

But before you jump on Sega for not supporting that bloody poor excuse for a console. (Yeah I said it, shoot me.) Noboy has supported the Virtual Console more then Sega and when people were saying 'there is no hardcore games on Wii.' Sega were the first to change that with Madworld, OverKill and The Conduit at a time Nintendo was sitting on its thumbs with nothing to release.
Made by SEGA

Offline Autosaver

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2010, 04:03:53 pm »
Okay, so Autosaver missed all of my points. Cool.
I get that Sega tried a bit. And that they are one of the 3rd parties actually putting some games to buy.

"Why did he add ROF"
What exactly is wrong with it?
Why does a game have to get great reviews before you even attempt it?
1. To see if its worth the money
2. If enough people (Critics and fans) don't like the game. I'll totally like it.

Hey look, this movie sucks balls. Every critic is bashing it, the fans hate it. I'll go see it.
Do you even play most of these games?
Would I be whining that I don't get to be able to play these games if I play them? I don't give a crap about fishing. I want to play some action and adventure games

A 7 isn't that bad. But anything lower is starting to boggle my mind. Yes, I had experiences that games with low scores were good. But please don't tell me game with overall average of 4 and has been bashed for having terrible controls, gameplay, and graphics is going to be a buy.

Guys, SASR is also on the Wii. >_> I already have it.

Edit: Before anyone think we're ignoring Aki. I accidently deleted a part of my post.

I think he/she hit the spot. 3rd parties aren't hitting enough sales to keep making games on the Wii. Yes, some games do. But all you hear are games like Just Dance hitting 2 million and stuff.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2010, 04:14:41 pm »
Online, 8 player, Sega Allstar Racing on some of the Jet Set Radio, Monkey Ball and Samba de Amigo levels is easily some of the best fun I've had kart racing for many years...

More enjoyable then the recent Mario Kart even with less content... Honestly I would put it on par with Mario Kart 64s block fort balloon battle which was previously the most fun I'd had with a kart game ever.

Sega AllStars Racing is great fun.
Made by SEGA