Author Topic: Iizuka talks Sonic's 20th anniversary, hints at humans retur  (Read 28021 times)

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Iizuka talks Sonic's 20th anniversary, hints at humans retur
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2010, 04:19:52 pm »
Yeah, Sega All Stars Racing is a great game.

Its a boat load of fun, too bad Sumo isn't releasing anymore DLC.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2010, 04:31:47 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
To be honest I haven't played a Pokemon game in many many years and Ive never been a fan of the series... But why is it so hard to make a pokemon RPG that is on a console. There might be a few leaps in graphical power and so on but really I think the series is being handled pretty poorly for the kind of thing they COULD be doing with it.

There have been console RPGs of Pokemon, but everyone is afraid to make a really big budget one because for some reason, Pokemon games just do not do very well on consoles, or at least not within the same kind of galaxy the handheld releases have proven. I would expect the next Pokemon after the ones coming out soon will be on the 3DS, so in this case the graphics would not be much different than from what we have on most games now anyways.

Quote from: "Sharky"
I agree, luckily I never said that... I said games like Bayonetta, Valkyria Chronicles and such are MORE creative, more fun and amitious in MY opinion then anything Nintendo have done since then. I'm not saying Nintendo haven't done anything creative... Just that they don't really wow me ever.

Fair enough, but that is still a pretty large claim.

Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Resonance of Fate's addition confuses me. If Alpha Protocol and Resonance of Fate are deemed good, then why not SASASR? It's easily a better game than either of those and is much more of a "SEGA" game.

I disagree, Alpha Protocol has a Saturn in it and violence, SARS has neither, and it has Billy Hatcher! That is like, the most Nintendo-like game SEGA ever published!

Quote from: "Autosaver"
I get that Sega tried a bit. And that they are one of the 3rd parties actually putting some games to buy.

'Tried a bit' and 'Literally have the most games on the platform out of any third party, including the most potential failures that could cost the company hundreds of thousands of dollars' is not really the same thing. Sorry.

"Why did he add ROF"
What exactly is wrong with it?

What exactly is good with it?

1. To see if its worth the money
2. If enough people (Critics and fans) don't like the game. I'll totally like it.

Hey look, this movie sucks balls. Every critic is bashing it, the fans hate it. I'll go see it.

While I can completely understand where you are coming from on the money part, you cannot sit there and tell me you have never enjoyed a game that other people told you was bad. There has to also be some games you hate that everyone loves too. I personally hate the shit out of Jet Set Radio and Valkyria Chronicles, nothing wrong with that as I can at least still appreciate the work put into them.

I think the whole reviewing system is messed up. I can understand you cannot always take chances with potential money issues, but to completely hate a large, large portion of a company's products without even knowing much outside that they exist is just stupid.

Would I be whining that I don't get to be able to play these games if I play them? I don't give a crap about fishing. I want to play some action and adventure games

This is part of my point. What gives you the authority to say something completely sucks when you are just not interested in it? This is like when IGN reviewed a version of Football Manager, giving it like a 2/10, then the UK IGN gave the SAME game like an 8/10.

A 7 isn't that bad. But anything lower is starting to boggle my mind. Yes, I had experiences that games with low scores were good. But please don't tell me game with overall average of 4 and has been bashed for having terrible controls, gameplay, and graphics is going to be a buy.

Sonic Unleashed.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2010, 04:38:59 pm »
Resonance of Fate's addition confuses me. If Alpha Protocol and Resonance of Fate are deemed good, then why not SASASR? It's easily a better game than either of those and is much more of a "SEGA" game.
so much more
SEG4GES

Offline Autosaver

« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2010, 04:47:35 pm »
Sonic Unleashed.
I'm a Sonic fan. So that's really unfair. :<
And yes, the Werehog IS terrible.

This is part of my point. What gives you the authority to say something completely sucks when you are just not interested in it? This is like when IGN reviewed a version of Football Manager, giving it like a 2/10, then the UK IGN gave the SAME game like an 8/10.
The fact I don't like fishing and the fact it had mixed reviews. It doesn't completely suck, but is it awesome? I doubt it.
What exactly is good with it?
I asked you first. :<
'Tried a bit' and 'Literally have the most games on the platform out of any third party, including the most potential failures that could cost the company hundreds of thousands of dollars' is not really the same thing. Sorry.
Name 5 games from Sega that are great on the Wii. That are not Multi-plat.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2010, 04:58:10 pm »
I do not know why you consider Resonance of Fate some kind of a gem Wii owners are not allowed to have. Have you even played it? The game is literally the most pathetic HD RPG I have ever seen, and I own Blue Dragon.

Sonic Unleashed.
I'm a Sonic fan. So that's really unfair. :<
And yes, the Werehog IS terrible.

I am a Sonic fan too, and my biggest problem was the constant deaths so many times in the daytime stages, the werehog was just boring to me because most of the levels were so long.

Name five games that are great on the Wii that are not multiplatform.

I will give you the same response as you would have mine. If I am not a fan of the genre I will instantly say it is shit.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2010, 05:00:49 pm »
NiGHTS
Sonic and Mario at the Olympics
THotD OVERKILL
Madworld
Let's tap
SEG4GES

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2010, 05:02:52 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
NiGHTS
THotD OVERKILL
Madworld
Let's tap

wtf ign gave some of those games an average score

wtf m&s is on ds and lets tap is on iphone

r u retard or whatt

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2010, 05:12:41 pm »
NiGHTS
THotD OVERKILL
Madworld
Let's tap

You forgot:
Pole's Big Adventure

(not making a joke, I actually think it's a good game)

Offline Autosaver

« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2010, 05:14:30 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
NiGHTS
THotD OVERKILL
Madworld
Let's tap

wtf ign gave some of those games an average score

wtf m&s is on ds and lets tap is on iphone

r u retard or whatt
ur so funy

Those are actually pretty fun games. Though, I prefer the sequel of Sonic & Mario then the first one.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2010, 05:17:50 pm »
See Auto?

Look, I was once like you. Review scores were everything. Then I got some DC games from a friend one day. He gave them to me. They were really fun, and when I looked up on the net everyone was trashing them. This opened my eyes and since then my main interest is in fact the obscure and underrated.
SEG4GES

Offline Autosaver

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2010, 05:33:24 pm »
See Auto?

Look, I was once like you. Review scores were everything. Then I got some DC games from a friend one day. He gave them to me. They were really fun, and when I looked up on the net everyone was trashing them. This opened my eyes and since then my main interest is in fact the obscure and underrated.

And that ends the topic with a valuable lesson. ^.^

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2010, 03:27:42 am »

Alpha Protocol is a game where you are a super spy that literally can turn invisible and slow down time, and you fight Chinese Secret Police who wear capes and Russian Mafia bosses who knife fight you then gains the ability to teleport using strobe lights when he snorts near-lethal amounts of Cocaine.

SASAR is Mario Kart, but with Sonic Characters and Ryo (to fool people into thinking it's not just Sonic Kart).

Alpha Protocol = True Sega game for True Sega fans.

Sonic in Mario Kart World = Cheap rip off/cash in for Casuals. Disgrace to Sega.

Yes, I am being a troll, but seriously, Alpha appeals to me far far more than Sonic Racing in just about every way. I think it deserves recognition as a good Sega game.

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2010, 05:22:28 am »
alpha protocol =/= sega game for truthful sega fans .
and i am really surprised that someone would say the opposite ...

about SaSASR , it's relying too much on the drifting system which they brought from the Outrun games .

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2010, 05:46:19 am »
Quote from: "Suzuki Yu"
alpha protocol =/= sega game for truthful sega fans .
and i am really surprised that someone would say the opposite ...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2010, 05:56:23 am »
Quote from: "Suzuki Yu"
about SaSASR , it's relying too much on the drifting system which they brought from the Outrun games .

I'd argue that's what made it stand out from Mario Kart and also made it much more of a SEGA game.