Author Topic: Where the Sonic series went wrong, summed up in 60 seconds  (Read 13362 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Where the Sonic series went wrong, summed up in 60 seconds
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2010, 07:38:07 am »
The player blows and the video is the worst example of proving that there were issues in the classics. I don't even understand why some people make their hobby to prove flaws in the classics. Actually I don't even know why i'm bothering to defend them -_-
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2010, 01:10:10 pm »
The guy is pretty obviously falling into the pits to show they are there...

The large pit at the bottom of Flying Battery Zone is bigger and more annoying and fiddley then any I've seen in Sonic 4 yet.
Made by SEGA

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2010, 02:01:41 pm »
I don't think anyone has a problem with some botemless pits, in the newer games, especially sonic unleashed and rush, they build the whole game around the concept that you can only die by botemless pits.

The old games encourage you to play careful because there are a lot op traps and your just stupid if you think you can play the classics like sonic rush.

Before entering that huge botomless pit section, a wall stops you going through that section. So if you fall in the botomless pit, it's basically your own fault lacking skill in precision platforming with sonic's controls.

However a lot of newer games throw the botomless pits at you without warning, this happens the most in sonic unleashed. It ends up making the games more of a trial and error/qte/memorization game. Not fun.