Author Topic: Binary Domain new trailer!!! Oh Shiiiiiiiiit !  (Read 47487 times)

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
Re: Binary Domain new trailer!!! Oh Shiiiiiiiiit !
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2011, 07:00:59 pm »
Quote from: "CosmicCastaway"
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
I cannot blame the game for this, but one of my biggest pet peeve with games today is that damn red crap around the screen when you get hurt. Seriously, fuck that. It looks so ugly.

I agree with you. I know the effect is supposed to be immersive but I would rather have a standard health bar.

I might agree for some games, but there are others where looking for the health bar is out of the range of what you need to be focusing on. Third-person cover-based shooters probably can afford a health bar, but some first-person games can't.

When I fight in Oblivion, it really pisses me off when my character dies and I had no idea I was taking that much damage, especially while blocking. "Three hits from a random boar just killed me? Are you serious?" I'd rather have some visual feedback bleed into the screen rather than have to look away from my target while I need to be analyzing their next move.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2011, 08:18:02 pm »
I think that all came about when the 'No HUD!' thing was in vogue and developers were tryin to find ways to minimise all the display on screen so it wouldn't take away from the action. I can kind of see why they did it, but sometimes they go a bit overboard. It doesn't necessarily hurt immersion to have a health bar etc.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2011, 10:14:39 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
At least it's decent enough not to shit it right in the middle of the screem like Gears of Wars stupid skull thing.

Actually, I prefer this. When you are not aiming there is no reticule in those games, so the more you get hurt, the more "Help" you get to aim as a light red circle forms around where it should be while you are panicking. Very clever idea.

Quote from: "MadeManG74"
I think that all came about when the 'No HUD!' thing was in vogue and developers were tryin to find ways to minimise all the display on screen so it wouldn't take away from the action. I can kind of see why they did it, but sometimes they go a bit overboard. It doesn't necessarily hurt immersion to have a health bar etc.

Games should just go back to the classic designs where the darker and redder your enemy is, the less amount of health it has. Who cares if it is unrealistic?

Anyways, Halo (outside of ODST) does it fine with the flashing colored bars. I am not sure why more games cannot just do this. I quite like how Dead Space pulled it off too, with the thing on your back.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2011, 01:29:53 am »
^I also like how old RE games used to do it with your character limping worse and worse the more damage you took. The Dreamcast release of CV with the heart monitor in the VMU was all kinds of awesome too.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2011, 09:29:34 am »
[youtube:2x76yi8n]U08v3J3Z-2U[/youtube:2x76yi8n]

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2011, 10:10:16 am »
I hope the final game isn't too restrictive in how you approach combat. I'm not to fond of cover-based shooting, but it's possible in that video that's just how the guy wanted to play.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2011, 12:48:49 am »
Awesome, thanks Pao/Riki

IGN can suck on that! Their preview was awful, they even failed to mention the key features of the game... Like the voice command system and the trust system. I'm starting to think they didn't even play it and just watched someone play it for a couple of minuites and did a quick qrite up so they could get back to sucking Nintendos big fat Wii-U.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2011, 06:23:31 am »
SEGA need to get a demo out now really, that's the best way to help establish a new IP just like Capcom did with LP and Dead Rising . Give out a nice quality early demo to get people in the mood and build up some hype for the final game
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2011, 08:50:23 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Awesome, thanks Pao/Riki

IGN can suck on that! Their preview was awful, they even failed to mention the key features of the game... Like the voice command system and the trust system. I'm starting to think they didn't even play it and just watched someone play it for a couple of minuites and did a quick qrite up so they could get back to sucking Nintendos big fat Wii-U.

IGN seemed very negative overall towards SEGA's E3 titles.
Silly gooses...
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2011, 10:43:01 am »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
SEGA need to get a demo out now really, that's the best way to help establish a new IP just like Capcom did with LP and Dead Rising . Give out a nice quality early demo to get people in the mood and build up some hype for the final game

i don't think it's a good idea if the game is still in pre-alpha stage.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2011, 11:58:17 am »
i don't think it's a good idea if the game is still in pre-alpha stage.

Lost Planet demo came out a year before the game. For a new IP get the demo out and let people play it . For the vids the E3 demo code looked more than Fine. Yes I know demo are a pain and developers hate take the unfinished code from the development kits, but get hype for a new IP I think it's a must
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2011, 03:39:29 pm »
Lost Planet and Dead Rising were special cases in that they arrived to the Xbox 360 very early, when people were just genuinely starved for games. This is different and the market is a lot stronger now on both HD platforms, letting people get a hold of a very unfinished product is potentially a death sentence, especially if people will have to wait so long for the final game.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2011, 04:13:57 pm »
I take those points, but the trouble is Gears and COD will be set to ship soon and they will start to dominate the chats and press . The E3 code looked good enough get that out along with a demo of Sonic.

It's really hard for a new IP to get established more so when it's trying to take on Gears . I think with out a demo Vanqusihed would have sold even less
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2011, 04:22:00 pm »
The demo does not need to come out right now, I personally do not think it would be a great idea since waiting for too long can also have the opposite effect on hype and eventually people will just talk about games that have come out, instead of a game that is coming out.

Although I do think they need to have two demos out, personally if they can dominate Tokyo Game Show coverage (Which is entirely doable) they should release a demo soon after the event since I'm sure there is bound to be a lot of buzz, then closer to release, sometime like January, they ought to release another demo.

Of course this needs to be backed up by a strong marketing campaign too, which can go either way with SEGA.