Author Topic: Binary Domain new trailer!!! Oh Shiiiiiiiiit !  (Read 47501 times)

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: Binary Domain new trailer!!! Oh Shiiiiiiiiit !
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2011, 01:08:50 pm »
Man I really hope this game isn't dubbed in English for Western Shores and Japanese for Eastern. That totally takes the fun out.

I like a fusion of languages, like we have in real life it also helps me to pick up and understand foreign languages.

I hope they don't have a seperate English/Japanese language option.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2011, 01:43:48 pm »
Why wouldn't it? I mean, what is wrong with that. You are one of the users on here that complained that SEGA didn't dub Yakuza (a game about Japanese culture) into English. We have not seen anything about the squads speaking in Japanese, maybe the narrator only talks in Japanese for the trailers, like in the Yakuza English trailers. We don't know yet.

If you want to be legit, the English version should be Japanese only, since the game takes place in Japan.

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2011, 02:24:03 pm »
^^
like i said in the previous page, japanese dub confirmed in the latest Famitsu magazine with the voice cover announcement for Dan Marshall & Roi.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2011, 05:50:57 pm »
Seeing as it's intended to appeal to Western audiences, it seems almost certain that it will be in English for the English-speaking nations.  I just hope the English dialog and voice-acting is written and directed by an English speaker and not Nagoshi himself.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2011, 07:03:23 pm »
I really liked the music in the Japanese trailer. I hope the game's soundtrack will have pieces of music like that.
The more I see of Binary Domain the more I become interested in it. It's looking superb.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2011, 03:28:12 pm »
The game is playable at E3!

http://bit.ly/m9mjGw

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2011, 03:33:21 pm »
I actually liked the Western trailer more, but I'm liking the new gameplay bits... Nice!
Made by SEGA

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2011, 01:42:51 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
I actually liked the Western trailer more, but I'm liking the new gameplay bits... Nice!

They are both fantastic : D

Offline Pao

« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2011, 11:39:30 pm »
Binary Domain Robot Industry and Characters
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/0 ... in_robots/

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2011, 07:30:12 am »
Awesome link!

Though there was a perverted picture with a row of robots bent over backwards.

What do those scientists do to those poor robots??

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2011, 09:01:46 am »
Aw, they didn't have any info about the female character. I was most interested in hearing about her out of all the squad mates.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Centrale

« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2011, 02:05:25 pm »
I think there's a couple of women in the squad.

Offline Pao

« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2011, 01:45:48 pm »

Offline Pao

« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2011, 02:48:00 pm »
There was few Hands-on from the show, A lot of them are very postive, except maybe IGN, which is expected since the writer was Hilary.

Anyway...

Gamepro:

Binary Domain Is a Trust-Based Shooter

Don't let its generic title and premise fool you -- Sega's squad-based shooter presents some interesting twists to the cover-based action genre.

First of those flourishes is the game's trust mechanic. Being a squad-based shooter, you'll have to regularly interact with and assign orders to your teammates. And based on the quality of your leadership, your teammates will either cover you, heal you, and fight alongside you; or they'll lay back and leave you to your own devices -- and, while Sega wouldn't outright confirm it, quite possibly turn on you mid-battle if you're a real bastard.

You'll begin every mission by selecting two squad-mates to accompany you (I opted for burly heavy gunner Big Bo and femme fatale sniper Faye), along with customizing your weapons load-out. Obvious combat alterations aside, I was told that the missions themselves change slightly based on who you select pre-battle. The only difference I noticed between my hands-on and the fellow that played before me (he opted for demolitions expert Rachel instead of sniper Faye) was that Big Bo was now quick to comment on our female squad-mate's "dynamite body," complete with a contextual camera prompt presenting an optional (and quite gratuitous) ass-shot of Faye. Hmm.

Anyway, the gameplay itself was pretty damn slick -- it certainly borrows heavily from similar cover-based shooters, but the arcade-inspired scoring and "procedural damage" systems (certain cover takes longer to destroy based on its material, and robot enemies react in real-time to limb-specific attacks) really give it that extra impact that's too-often absent from these kinds of games. Your score, which is earned during combat, can be redeemed at in-mission store kiosks, where you can buy new weapons, weapon upgrades, and items.

Based on its generic title and setting, I was pretty ready to dismiss Sega's shooter before I even picked up the controller. But I'll admit -- I was pretty won over with what I saw on the E3 showroom floor (my demo ended with me leaping onto an enormous robot's head and blasting it point-blank until it collapsed into a heap, which is exactly what I've felt like doing all week). Expect Binary Domain to hit stores in February 2012.

http://http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/220145/binary-domain-is-a-trust-based-shooter/

gamekudos

The development team behind Toshihiro Nagoshi's new title held a behind closed doors demonstration at E3. They discussed the game's back story, as well some innovative gameplay features.

The demo kicked off (in Japanese, on PS3) and the setting for the squad-based third-person shooter was summarised. It’s a near future Tokyo, set in the year 2080 where robotic AI life forms are commonplace in society. However, all is not well. An attack on the US has been perpetrated by an AI, disguised Terminator-style in human flesh. This is the point at which the lead character and his four man team are injected into the story. Their goal is to find those responsible for the attack. GK asked the development team whether they drew inspiration from the works of Isaac Asimov, but it was their vision of a near future Tokyo, not the famous sci-fi author that seeded the story.

As the gameplay demo progressed, it became clear that Binary Domain possessed some innovative features such as a voice activated command system that allowed the player to instruct his squad. Simple commands like ‘fire’ and ‘retreat’ were seen in action. A ‘help’ command allowed your comrades to revive you in game. The list of commands was large though not customisable and involved speaking into a headset. A trust game dynamic will also affect the relationship between the squad members, and whether they act accordingly to commands. One particular feature stood out: the procedural damage system allowed downed enemies to carry on fighting. This affects both standard enemy types and also large bosses. GK saw legless robots fight on and the developers highlighted that any robot without a head would continue the fight, but would be unable to distinguish friend from foe. This is certainly something that could open the way for some intelligent tactics during fire fights.

The core of Binary Domain is still a cover-based squad shooter. As you’d expect, your team has specific character classes such as ‘Heavy Gunner’ and ‘Spec Ops.’ The credit-based game currency is also earned by enemy kills. You can also expect 30 enemies, multiplayer and the campaign to span six chapters with two to three large bosses in each. The demo concluded with large boss battle which again demonstrated the procedural damage system.

I was impressed with original feature set of Binary Domain and it’s certainly one to look out for.

http://www.gamekudos.com/news/4125-e3-2 ... ary-domain

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2011, 05:34:58 pm »
The IGN preview did not mention anything except the trust gameplay, very poor preview. I also disliked how the writter talked about the production values, controls and AI not being great but never expanded on it.