Author Topic: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"  (Read 2721687 times)

Offline Berto

  • *
  • Posts: 53630
  • Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #1725 on: September 16, 2026, 11:08:11 pm »
Virtua Fighter 5 R.E.V.O. World Stage - Ver.1.12 Update Announcement







Quote
The Ver.1.12 update for Virtua Fighter 5 R.E.V.O. World Stage is now live. Here are the details of the patch.

All platforms:Forced Relay Connection: Located under Network Settings, a “Forced Relay” option has been added, giving you the ability to choose between “Auto” and “Forced Relay” based on your current network setup.
Xbox / PS5 / Switch 2: New Language Support: Arabic and Hindi are now available. (Note: this was added to Steam in Ver.1.08)
Xbox: ...

Article : https://virtua-fighter.com/en/news/977
« Last Edit: September 16, 2026, 11:16:39 pm by Berto »

Offline Berto

  • *
  • Posts: 53630
  • Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #1726 on: September 16, 2026, 11:11:31 pm »
I figured we're at least round the same age, so we still share some taste in games.

My brother and me are only one year apart and yet we have different taste.
He's more into sport games while my preference were always changing but I'm definitely not into sport games.
In VS fighting games he's also more into Tekken while I'm more into Street Fighter.
But sometimes our tastes intertwined ... We both love Streets of Rage, Sky Adventure, Moonwalker (arcade), World of Ilussion, M.U.G.E.N, and ... that Yuji Naka's wacky strange game Feel the Magic XY/XX and its sequel, The Rub Rabbits.



RIP him, he's passed away last year.

I'm just using RoN as an example. It does belong to Sega, but I know that even Sega may not be chill when it comes to fan-content other than Sonic, so I may still be chanced in getting a C&D over a more obscure Sega game.

The chance are very very very low. Lower than 1%.
For a thousand SEGA fan games out there, I can only remember three games in which SEGA sent C&D (Streets of Rage Remake, Golden Axe Returns, and a Roblox Sonic Fan Game).


Offline Berto

  • *
  • Posts: 53630
  • Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #1727 on: September 18, 2026, 12:16:12 am »
Persona 30th Anniversary Character, Persona and Game Popularity Poll Results are Out







Quote
Famitsu's Weekly issue #1964 shared poll results from a Japanese fan survey, where Persona 5 characters like protagonist, Akechi, and Makoto led the pack, and spin-offs such as Persona 5 Strikers topped that list with 3,300 votes. Kei Nanjo from the original Revelations: Persona emerged as a fan favorite from early games, sparking excitement for the series' roots.

Which Is Your Favourite Spinoff Title?

1. Persona 5 Strikers (3346 votes)
2. Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (1514 votes)
3. Persona 5: The Phantom X (852 votes)
4. Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax (727 votes)
5. Persona 4: Dancing All Night (587 votes)
6. Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth (485 votes)
7. Persona 4 Arena (339 votes)

Which Is Your Favourite Numbered Title in the Series?

1. Persona 4 (3357 votes)
2. Persona 5 (3355 votes)
3. Persona 3 (2547 votes)
4. Persona ...

Full list : https://personacentral.com/p30th-popularity-poll/

Offline Mystic Monkey

  • *
  • Posts: 6764
  • Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #1728 on: September 18, 2026, 05:53:10 pm »
My brother and me are only one year apart and yet we have different taste.
He's more into sport games while my preference were always changing but I'm definitely not into sport games.
In VS fighting games he's also more into Tekken while I'm more into Street Fighter.
But sometimes our tastes intertwined ... We both love Streets of Rage, Sky Adventure, Moonwalker (arcade), World of Ilussion, M.U.G.E.N, and ... that Yuji Naka's wacky strange game Feel the Magic XY/XX and its sequel, The Rub Rabbits.



RIP him, he's passed away last year.
Sorry for the loss of your brother.
The chance are very very very low. Lower than 1%.
For a thousand SEGA fan games out there, I can only remember three games in which SEGA sent C&D (Streets of Rage Remake, Golden Axe Returns, and a Roblox Sonic Fan Game).


What made SoR and GA the axe-ception?

Offline Berto

  • *
  • Posts: 53630
  • Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #1729 on: September 22, 2026, 12:02:06 am »
Sorry for the loss of your brother.

Thanks, I only have one brother and one sister so it's a lot of shock to me when it's happened.

What made SoR and GA the axe-ception?

I guess it's because of fans who couldn't stay low.
Streets of Rage Remake got C&D when SEGA of America launched their Genesis games on iOS including the Streets of Rage collection.
I remember in the comment section of the ad, there are fans who said the release was really dissapointing and called it minimal effort (since it's basically just roms running on emulator) and then compared it to SOR Remake.
Golden Axe Returns got C&D during the Power Surge ad's released. Some fans hate the 3D approach on the new Golden Axe and said they'd rather the game stays 2D like SOR4 and ... yeah, compared it to Golden Axe Returns.

Offline Mystic Monkey

  • *
  • Posts: 6764
  • Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #1730 on: September 23, 2026, 12:31:42 pm »
Thanks, I only have one brother and one sister so it's a lot of shock to me when it's happened.
I have three brothers. Even I tend to over-worry about my brother who lives with me at times.
I guess it's because of fans who couldn't stay low.
Streets of Rage Remake got C&D when SEGA of America launched their Genesis games on iOS including the Streets of Rage collection.
I remember in the comment section of the ad, there are fans who said the release was really dissapointing and called it minimal effort (since it's basically just roms running on emulator) and then compared it to SOR Remake.
Golden Axe Returns got C&D during the Power Surge ad's released. Some fans hate the 3D approach on the new Golden Axe and said they'd rather the game stays 2D like SOR4 and ... yeah, compared it to Golden Axe Returns.
I'm not against the idea of SoR and GA made into 3D games, it's just how it's delivered. If Sega really wants to revive and expand these franchises, keeping to the usual style may not cut it in the long-run. While Sonic Mania and origins did market well, not like fans want the Sonic franchise to stay like how it was for the Mega Drive forever.

Offline Berto

  • *
  • Posts: 53630
  • Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #1731 on: September 24, 2026, 01:04:24 am »
I have three brothers. Even I tend to over-worry about my brother who lives with me at times.

That's just how family is I guess.

I'm not against the idea of SoR and GA made into 3D games, it's just how it's delivered. If Sega really wants to revive and expand these franchises, keeping to the usual style may not cut it in the long-run. While Sonic Mania and origins did market well, not like fans want the Sonic franchise to stay like how it was for the Mega Drive forever.

Yeah, sadly not many fans understand that. They don't even buy new SEGA games anymore and just angrycomment when found out by accident that their used-to-be favorite franchise was different compared to back then.

Offline Mystic Monkey

  • *
  • Posts: 6764
  • Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #1732 on: September 24, 2026, 05:37:38 pm »
Yeah, sadly not many fans understand that. They don't even buy new SEGA games anymore and just angrycomment when found out by accident that their used-to-be favorite franchise was different compared to back then.
This is why, while I do want Sega to revitalise their classic IPs, it will be such an uphill slough for them.

They would be better bringing back the Sega All-Stars series given a single game alone would bring much needed attention to many IPs in one go.

In fact, why not Sega release a brand-new Sega All-Stars game, with Crazy Taxi, Golden Axe, Jet Set Radio and Shinobi as starring characters? Given, after Shinobi AoV, are upcoming Sega games.

Offline Berto

  • *
  • Posts: 53630
  • Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #1733 on: September 24, 2026, 08:46:02 pm »
This is why, while I do want Sega to revitalise their classic IPs, it will be such an uphill slough for them.

They would be better bringing back the Sega All-Stars series given a single game alone would bring much needed attention to many IPs in one go.

In fact, why not Sega release a brand-new Sega All-Stars game, with Crazy Taxi, Golden Axe, Jet Set Radio and Shinobi as starring characters? Given, after Shinobi AoV, are upcoming Sega games.

They did. Sonic Racing: CrossWorlds is practically a SEGA All-Stars game.

Offline Mystic Monkey

  • *
  • Posts: 6764
  • Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #1734 on: September 24, 2026, 10:01:27 pm »
They did. Sonic Racing: CrossWorlds is practically a SEGA All-Stars game.
It is, Crazy Taxi is in there. What about Jet Set Radio, Streets of Rage or Golden Axe? I imagine those, along with Crazy Taxi, are franchises they want modern audience to have good first impressions with by the next year or so.

Offline Berto

  • *
  • Posts: 53630
  • Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #1735 on: September 24, 2026, 10:49:24 pm »
It is, Crazy Taxi is in there. What about Jet Set Radio, Streets of Rage or Golden Axe? I imagine those, along with Crazy Taxi, are franchises they want modern audience to have good first impressions with by the next year or so.

I believe they're gonna come to CrossWorlds too after they settle on the fix design of the characters (assuming the games are still in the work, not canceled), probably some after the game trailer released.

Offline Mystic Monkey

  • *
  • Posts: 6764
  • Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #1736 on: September 24, 2026, 11:49:36 pm »
I believe they're gonna come to CrossWorlds too after they settle on the fix design of the characters (assuming the games are still in the work, not canceled), probably some after the game trailer released.
I am curious if the animated series will have any influence on Golden Axe as a franchise from now on.

But given Gilius was in S&SASR:T, wouldn't be that much of a stretch to see him in Crossworlds.

Offline Berto

  • *
  • Posts: 53630
  • Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #1737 on: September 25, 2026, 04:01:38 am »
I am curious if the animated series will have any influence on Golden Axe as a franchise from now on.

But given Gilius was in S&SASR:T, wouldn't be that much of a stretch to see him in Crossworlds.


Yes, Gilius' returning is as natural as Amigo's returning.



But we still don't know when Golden Axe's gonna be released.
What if we still got ne news about it even after Year Two of CrossWorlds almost ends?
I don't think CrossWorlds will have Year Three after that.

Offline Mystic Monkey

  • *
  • Posts: 6764
  • Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #1738 on: September 25, 2026, 02:52:02 pm »
Yes, Gilius' returning is as natural as Amigo's returning.



But we still don't know when Golden Axe's gonna be released.
What if we still got ne news about it even after Year Two of CrossWorlds almost ends?
I don't think CrossWorlds will have Year Three after that.
I just hope I'll get to play it eventually.