Author Topic: Retro-Bit Licensed SEGA Gamepads  (Read 55094 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

  • *
  • Posts: 6764
  • Total Meseta: 0
Re: Retro-Bit Licensed SEGA Gamepads
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2026, 10:20:24 am »
Oh, no, not in PC, they're fine in PC with KEGA or Blast'em.
I meant in real SEGA Mega Drive console (2.4GHz Wireless Model with DB9 receiver plugged in Mega Drive).
Well, if you still have the console, I won't mind you test it.
I doubt you have those three games physically but played the roms put in everdrive cartridge could work too I guess (but once again, only if you have it).
I haven't got the consoles... well, I got Mega Drive and Dreamcast, but they're in storage.

Have you read the manual with your Retro-Bit controller to make sure it's set for the device it's using? For example, Start+B on my Saturn Pro Controller on PC is what switches it from X/D-input. But when used on a Sega Mega Drive (original, with receiver, or mini) or Sega Saturn, you use Start+B to pair it to the console. The manual says until it switches from red to blue it's correct, but my Saturn Pro Controller has orange and green LED.

Thank you Retro-Bit for the small paper manual.

Offline Berto

  • *
  • Posts: 53630
  • Total Meseta: 23
Re: Retro-Bit Licensed SEGA Gamepads
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2026, 11:48:56 pm »
I haven't got the consoles... well, I got Mega Drive and Dreamcast, but they're in storage.

Have you read the manual with your Retro-Bit controller to make sure it's set for the device it's using? For example, Start+B on my Saturn Pro Controller on PC is what switches it from X/D-input. But when used on a Sega Mega Drive (original, with receiver, or mini) or Sega Saturn, you use Start+B to pair it to the console. The manual says until it switches from red to blue it's correct, but my Saturn Pro Controller has orange and green LED.

Thank you Retro-Bit for the small paper manual.

It's not connection issue, they connect just find, following the manual. It just couldn't register 2 or 3 buttons pressed together at the same time in some games.

Offline Mystic Monkey

  • *
  • Posts: 6764
  • Total Meseta: 0
Re: Retro-Bit Licensed SEGA Gamepads
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2026, 09:18:52 am »
It's not connection issue, they connect just find, following the manual. It just couldn't register 2 or 3 buttons pressed together at the same time in some games.
I see. Has this had a firmware fix, yet?

Offline Berto

  • *
  • Posts: 53630
  • Total Meseta: 23
Re: Retro-Bit Licensed SEGA Gamepads
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2026, 09:26:52 pm »
I see. Has this had a firmware fix, yet?

It doesn't but newer productions don't have this issue.

Offline Mystic Monkey

  • *
  • Posts: 6764
  • Total Meseta: 0
Re: Retro-Bit Licensed SEGA Gamepads
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2026, 04:26:07 pm »
It doesn't but newer productions don't have this issue.
I see. But Retro-Bit still has an impressive controller line-up.

But it's this kind of thing why I would like to know of between product comparisons. Such as will the DreamConn S be any better or worse than Retro-Bit's standard Dreamcast controller? Or what will the Dreamcast Pro Controller be like?

Offline Berto

  • *
  • Posts: 53630
  • Total Meseta: 23
Re: Retro-Bit Licensed SEGA Gamepads
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2026, 02:54:52 am »
I see. But Retro-Bit still has an impressive controller line-up.

But it's this kind of thing why I would like to know of between product comparisons. Such as will the DreamConn S be any better or worse than Retro-Bit's standard Dreamcast controller? Or what will the Dreamcast Pro Controller be like?

If they're all already released I'm sure there'd be a youtuber who's gonna make a comparison for them. For now, nobody knows.

Offline Mystic Monkey

  • *
  • Posts: 6764
  • Total Meseta: 0
Re: Retro-Bit Licensed SEGA Gamepads
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2026, 04:32:40 pm »
If they're all already released I'm sure there'd be a youtuber who's gonna make a comparison for them. For now, nobody knows.
All we can do is wait.

Offline Mystic Monkey

  • *
  • Posts: 6764
  • Total Meseta: 0
Re: Retro-Bit Licensed SEGA Gamepads
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2026, 10:06:01 am »
I have another question about Retro-Bit controllers.

My computer, in settings, recognise it as "Retro-bit Controller", I can't rename it.
Steam controller settings recognise it as "Retro Controller", I can rename it.

Let's say I brought another 2.4GHz wireless controller from Retro-Bit, doesn't matter which (either the Dreamcast Pro Controller I want, or the very least the Mega Drive Wireless Arcade Pad)

Will the USB Receiver I got with my Sega Saturn Pro Controller also recognise or use the other wireless controller?
And, if it does, will Steam recognise them as separate controllers (allowing me to give them individual names), or does the USB receiver only recognise a standard button-scheme from controllers regardless, thus unable to individualise my Retro-Bit controllers on Steam?