Author Topic: Shenmue City/Ys Net Topic!  (Read 41634 times)

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
Re: Shenmue on Yahoo Mobage WTF? Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2010, 04:59:59 am »
Sure :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2010, 05:07:30 am »
Quote from: "Orta"
Why was it canned? I cannot tell you that... The general financial failure the game was could be a hint.

Because the 2nd one sold really poor ?. Shenmue 1 sold really, really   well , Shenmue II was sold poor for SEGA even in Japan  

f so much was done ahead of release there is also reason to believe there could exist a lot of work done regarding Shenmue III

I would agree, but when SEGA were showing the Shenmue project, we only really got to see photo's of Shenmue and Shenmue II. Which points me to that work on Shenmue III was to be left for a latter date and hadn't gone into full production, even back then

Also, completed games are cancelled all the time and the Dreamcast sure has a fair amount of them.

Yes and they tend to leak on the Web for people to download, or be moved up to different platforms .If the Game was finished, it would have come to the X-Box like Shenmue II ?

You have to ask your self why would SEGA sit on a game for 9 years , and piss off so many of it own fans ?
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2010, 05:08:24 am »
Quote from: "Orta"
Sure :lol:

What did you find funny ?
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2010, 09:59:18 am »
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/1 ... mu_murata/

seriously now, what the hell is going on??

Suzuki formed his own company?!

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2010, 10:15:34 am »
Yu makes his own company and releases a cheap mobile phone game as the next chapter of his masterpiece?

This makes no sense. I am confused.
SEG4GES

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2010, 10:24:33 am »
Perhaps he's so determined to see his story continue that he'd go to whatever lengths necessary to get the series back up and running, even if it meant reducing a chapter down to a cheaply produced game.

Anything's better than letting your incomplete work die forever, right?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2010, 10:52:08 am »
Yu has formed his own company?

Return of the King.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2010, 10:33:12 pm »
I REALLY don't think this last bit is true. I doubt Sega would let a company work on one of their IPs with out an official license to do so.

I don't think Yu has formed his own company either. There would be news im sure.
Made by SEGA

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2010, 10:39:57 pm »
So, Yu is running this game without Sega? Holy shit! I think he have found the way to make cash before starting making real games without Sega, since Sega looks like dont wanna spend money and time on him anymore.

Now I understand why there are no official releases about this game on the official Sega site.

Yes, Mitsuyoshi hated it! He started "liking" Shenmue after long years, by hearing people and fans talking and asking for it all the time. He then realised that they have made a great game. At that time Sega was separated into independent companies, but Shenmue got more money than all the others projects; it made people angry and jealous about this. Also, the people who worked directly in the game, got crazy and nervous, because nothing was good for Yu Suzuki. He was always telling people to redo things all the time. That's why most of the people at Sega hates or hated Shenmue(and Yu Suzuki).

Yeah, it was a 16 parts story. But there are 3 stories, if I remember correctly. Yu said there was 3 sagas.

I think this is the major issue for Sega, alongside the money, to make sequels to it. It's really a huge project. Yu also might dont want to make more cuts on the story, like he did on Shenmue 2. Shenfua was not supposed to appear at that time. The true story was different.

To make a sequel come true, I think it depends on Yu Suzuki to make it real. Hisao Ohguchi is not there anymore! This is the best chance XD

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2010, 10:43:05 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
I REALLY don't think this last bit is true. I doubt Sega would let a company work on one of their IPs with out an official license to do so.

I don't think Yu has formed his own company either. There would be news im sure.

Why not? Everyone knowed he was seeking for sponsors in China years ago to build his own company.

Offline Alex Supersonic

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2010, 01:37:47 am »
Quote from: "STORM!"

To make a sequel come true, I think it depends on Yu Suzuki to make it real. Hisao Ohguchi is not there anymore! This is the best chance XD

You mean he (Hisao Ohguchi) is not there at this new company?

But I don't think SEGA would let another company make something Shenmue related, the copyright belongs to SEGA. Unless they hate it so much and give it to this new company or just to make a favour (like they did to Mitsuguchi with Rez).

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Yu Suzuki doesn't work for SEGA anymore, nobody has proofs at him being at SEGA (there was a SEGA Sammy press release 2 years ago about personal changes where he appeared, but since then there are no news) and his team only made 2 unpopular games in the last 10 years... I think SEGA doesn't care anymore about Yu Suzuki. Maybe he works still at SEGA, but in the kitchen to cook for the management or clean shoes for them :D
[size=85]-----
former known as Ali[/size]

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2010, 07:39:11 am »
Quote from: "Supa"
Has anyone here seen the Shenmue Premiere video? There is footage of Niao Sun and Lan Di that has not been seen yet, and SEGA has said that Niao Sun is a character from the third game onwards. A cell phone wallpaper was given away at one point at Shenmue.com, there is video and pictures of her, and her model was in What's Shenmue?, so I think that's pretty good evidence that some work has been done on III.

Also, the Saturn video on Shenmue II...the very end shows clips of Ryo and Shenhua in Guilin. That means Shenmue II was pretty much done on the Saturn...they had to have done something on Shenmue III.
Like i said, lets use common sense. No company will spend 70 million on a game, not even the old sega was crazy enough for that. That money was used to create everything needed for the title and remember that budget also included field trips to china when Suzuki did his research. A basic code of the larger game exists then all they would have to do is create the singular playable game from that code like models enviroments etc. SHENMUE 3 was further along than it was led to believe and that was down to the fact that sega thought the xbox sales for 2 would have been good enough for Microsoft to continue their exclusive deal for the game which if anyone remembers MS marketed the title rather than sega. Obviously it wasn't. And as for using leaked DC games as examples. Well there's two things SHENMUE wouldn't be the type of game you could leak because its a bigger title and would only have limited access to certain people. Second there are tons of canned sega games that has never been leaked but exist in a code form, CARBONDALE was one title which hasn't been leaked and that was done way after SHENMUE.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2010, 09:58:50 am »
No company will spend 70 million on a game, not even the old sega was crazy enough for that.

SEGA was and did

$70 Million on the project spent covering development from 1994 up to 2000 . There were many that didn't even believe the $70 million  figure, it was so nuts at the time.

all they would have to do is create the singular playable game from that code like models enviroments etc.

If it was that simple and that easy , Shenmue III would have been out long before now . SEGA could have even shipped it for the X-Box not long after Shenmue II.  Shemmue III is a massive project and given that there's still some 10 chapters left to go its not as easy or complete as people think, even a Shenmue III might not finish the whole story.

It took 2 games, and 7 years of development just to tell 5 chapters of the Shenmue story.  

Illinois

Maybe worked was canned every early in , when it became very clear it offered nothing new and couldn't do anything better.
It's not at all comparably to Shenmue where vast chunks of the game and engine was already complete.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2010, 10:57:41 am »
Nope sorry, Sega didn't spend 70 million on a 4 disc game. it goes to show how little understanding you have for the industry. no suprise there then.

Now people don't need to take mine or TA's word for face value really but only one of us is stating facts that anyone here can actually find evidence to back them up. The biggest one being Sega Europe made a press release about SHENMUE 3.  The one if you trust kikizio who has inside knowledge about sega and have been invited to sega japan on more than one occassion but have ties with many of the employees and ex employess there as well. Or the fact that several ex employees stated that a third game did exist and so on.

Now until someone clearly shows evidence that SHENMUE doesn't exist, instead of some quick hand comment or quote  out of context, until someone can quote Yu saying we never made SHENMUE 3 instead of we got no plans for a third game making it ambigous than i suggest that person will shut up instead of turning this forum into "the world according to TA site and everyone else knows jack shit."

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2010, 11:42:21 am »
Nope sorry, Sega didn't spend 70 million on a 4 disc game. it goes to show how little understanding you have for the industry. no suprise there then.

I never said SEGA did . $70 million spent on the project up until 2000, $20 million on the Japanese Dreamcast version alone  

Read what people post.

Also I wonder where most people got the $70 million figure from ???

The biggest one being Sega Europe made a press release about SHENMUE 3

Hmm... the Same SEGA Europe that said Brave Fire Fighters, Jumbo Safari, Emergency Call Ambulance was coming to the DC all on the same disc  ?.
Shenmue III was no doubt in production, given how little of it was shown off kind of says, not a lot of it was complete.

until someone can quote Yu saying we never made SHENMUE 3

Read what people say.
No one is saying that; The question is how much of Shemue III was coded for the DC, never mind consoles like the X-Box or 360, that is a huge difference.

Given that so little screens shots of the game was ever shown off, I was think not a lot . I remember seeing 2 screen shots on SEGA Europe and a couple here and there on the Web, and that is it. Even on the Shenmue tribute site's, getting any Shenmue III screen shots is though.

You know SEGA announced Skies of Arcade II had moved into Pre-Production, that it was Making Clockwork Knight RPG for the PS2 .
I wonder how much of those games was ever complete, or even if there were in a Playable state
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is