Author Topic: Shenmue City/Ys Net Topic!  (Read 41628 times)

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: Shenmue on Yahoo Mobage WTF? Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2010, 01:35:10 pm »
Quote from: "Ali"
Quote from: "STORM!"

To make a sequel come true, I think it depends on Yu Suzuki to make it real. Hisao Ohguchi is not there anymore! This is the best chance XD

You mean he (Hisao Ohguchi) is not there at this new company?

But I don't think SEGA would let another company make something Shenmue related, the copyright belongs to SEGA. Unless they hate it so much and give it to this new company or just to make a favour (like they did to Mitsuguchi with Rez).

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Yu Suzuki doesn't work for SEGA anymore, nobody has proofs at him being at SEGA (there was a SEGA Sammy press release 2 years ago about personal changes where he appeared, but since then there are no news) and his team only made 2 unpopular games in the last 10 years... I think SEGA doesn't care anymore about Yu Suzuki. Maybe he works still at SEGA, but in the kitchen to cook for the management or clean shoes for them :D

I mean Ohguchi is not Sega's President anymore. He was the one who canned all Shenmue related projects. He also canceled most of Yu's projects at Sega, like Psy-Phi.

There are rumors saying that Sega allowed Yu to use the codes etc, from Shenmue, but they are not giving him any money to do that. He has to pay the development of a new game.

Shenmue Machi is not made by Sega, but they are allowing him to do that, since Yu himself is paying for it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2010, 02:18:02 pm »
I don't wanna sound like a dick, but I've never heard of half the figures and statements Andromeda is throwing out.  Can you back ANY of that up?  Most of the stuff ROJM has mentioned I have at least seen before.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2010, 09:41:55 am »
Quote from: "Mengels7"
I don't wanna sound like a dick, but I've never heard of half the figures and statements Andromeda is throwing out.  Can you back ANY of that up?  Most of the stuff ROJM has mentioned I have at least seen before.

???.

Dreamcast Shenmue II never made the UK all format top 10, I don't think it topped the charts in Europe and Media Create sales put it selling

Just over 120,000 in Japan

http://http://www.the-magicbox.com/Chart-BestSell2001.shtml

Like Joe said on SEGA nerds, Shenmue flopped.

Shenmue did sell well in the west, selling over a million copies. The sequel didn't come close, and that  the killed the dream
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2010, 09:55:32 am »

Honestly, when Storm!, ROJM, Ali and TA start conversing I get completely lost. It's like white noise to me. Numbers, links, Japanese names, scanned receipts and quoted quotes. I know there's something being said, but I can never crack it.  :cry:

I love them all dearly, but everything might as well be written in dingbats. :P

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2010, 12:01:42 pm »
Hmm... TA is the only one writing Bibles here though.

I just don't like when people start ignoring the state of Sega now, just talking about the past, things that are no more important now.

How many Sega spent on Shenmue is not important anymore; the hottest thing for me now is about Yu near to leave Sega.

I also hate people who says loves Sega and care only about Sonic. These ones must die too.

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2010, 12:22:57 pm »
Quote from: "STORM!"
the hottest thing for me now is about Yu near to leave Sega.

yeah you are right .
this is the most interesting news at the moment!
do your magical stuff STORM! i want to know more!

Offline Nathan

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2010, 12:31:32 pm »
Quote from: "ROJM"
Quote from: "Supa"
Has anyone here seen the Shenmue Premiere video? There is footage of Niao Sun and Lan Di that has not been seen yet, and SEGA has said that Niao Sun is a character from the third game onwards. A cell phone wallpaper was given away at one point at Shenmue.com, there is video and pictures of her, and her model was in What's Shenmue?, so I think that's pretty good evidence that some work has been done on III.

Also, the Saturn video on Shenmue II...the very end shows clips of Ryo and Shenhua in Guilin. That means Shenmue II was pretty much done on the Saturn...they had to have done something on Shenmue III.
Like i said, lets use common sense. No company will spend 70 million on a game, not even the old sega was crazy enough for that. That money was used to create everything needed for the title and remember that budget also included field trips to china when Suzuki did his research. A basic code of the larger game exists then all they would have to do is create the singular playable game from that code like models enviroments etc. SHENMUE 3 was further along than it was led to believe and that was down to the fact that sega thought the xbox sales for 2 would have been good enough for Microsoft to continue their exclusive deal for the game which if anyone remembers MS marketed the title rather than sega. Obviously it wasn't. And as for using leaked DC games as examples. Well there's two things SHENMUE wouldn't be the type of game you could leak because its a bigger title and would only have limited access to certain people. Second there are tons of canned sega games that has never been leaked but exist in a code form, CARBONDALE was one title which hasn't been leaked and that was done way after SHENMUE.

Are you saying I need to use common sense? I'm on your side, I think a skeleton of Shenmue III is somewhere in SEGA's closet.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2010, 01:15:14 am »
I just don't like when people start ignoring the state of Sega now, just talking about the past, things that are no more important now.

And what state would you the current SEGA Japan is in

How many Sega spent on Shenmue is not important anymore; the hottest thing for me now is about Yu near to leave Sega.

It is important, to any prospect of Shenmue III (in a console game form). Also if Yu Suzuki had left SEGA really isn't news (not saying its true). He's been semi-retired at SEGA for years, it not change a single aspect of the current SEGA, or make a Shenmue III more likely
Has  I'll be pretty sure SEGA holds all the IP rights to the series and any future games

I also hate people who says loves Sega and care only about Sonic. These ones must die too.

Lots of people love SEGA for difference reasons; depending on their age, the game they liked best .Lots of people didn't get into SEGA until the Mega Drive, and a Large part of that is thanks to Sonic on the Mega Drive.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2010, 08:50:21 am »
Quote from: "ROJM"
Has anyone here seen the Shenmue Premiere video? There is footage of Niao Sun and Lan Di that has not been seen yet, and SEGA has said that Niao Sun is a character from the third game onwards. A cell phone wallpaper was given away at one point at Shenmue.com, there is video and pictures of her, and her model was in What's Shenmue?, so I think that's pretty good evidence that some work has been done on III.

Also, the Saturn video on Shenmue II...the very end shows clips of Ryo and Shenhua in Guilin. That means Shenmue II was pretty much done on the Saturn...they had to have done something on Shenmue III.
Like i said, lets use common sense. No company will spend 70 million on a game, not even the old sega was crazy enough for that. That money was used to create everything needed for the title and remember that budget also included field trips to china when Suzuki did his research. A basic code of the larger game exists then all they would have to do is create the singular playable game from that code like models enviroments etc. SHENMUE 3 was further along than it was led to believe and that was down to the fact that sega thought the xbox sales for 2 would have been good enough for Microsoft to continue their exclusive deal for the game which if anyone remembers MS marketed the title rather than sega. Obviously it wasn't. And as for using leaked DC games as examples. Well there's two things SHENMUE wouldn't be the type of game you could leak because its a bigger title and would only have limited access to certain people. Second there are tons of canned sega games that has never been leaked but exist in a code form, CARBONDALE was one title which hasn't been leaked and that was done way after SHENMUE.

Are you saying I need to use common sense? I'm on your side, I think a skeleton of Shenmue III is somewhere in SEGA's closet.

No not you i was backing you up. Sorry for the mis understanding should have made it clearer.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2010, 09:00:08 am »
Read what people post.
You mean like how you spin and take people's comments out of context to fit your view in the world? practice what you preach.

I never said SEGA did . $70 million spent on the project up until 2000, $20 million on the Japanese Dreamcast version alone  

Also I wonder where most people got the $70 million figure from ???
Now were changing the story, TA i had this discussion countless times with you and you have always said the DC version cost 70 million. And don't bother wondering, its widely know since Yu made that quote himself about 70 million went into Shenmue's development. its actually more with the production of part 3 and SHENMUE ONLINE.

The biggest one being Sega Europe made a press release about SHENMUE 3

Hmm... the Same SEGA Europe that said Brave Fire Fighters, Jumbo Safari, Emergency Call Ambulance was coming to the DC all on the same disc  ?.
What, so because it didn't happen that made it not true? i don't remember them ever stating that anyhow.

Shenmue III was no doubt in production, given how little of it was shown off kind of says, not a lot of it was complete.
Who said it was. :roll:

until someone can quote Yu saying we never made SHENMUE 3

Read what people say.
No one is saying that; The question is how much of Shemue III was coded for the DC, never mind consoles like the X-Box or 360, that is a huge difference.

Given that so little screens shots of the game was ever shown off, I was think not a lot . I remember seeing 2 screen shots on SEGA Europe and a couple here and there on the Web, and that is it. Even on the Shenmue tribute site's, getting any Shenmue III screen shots is though.
So now you agree an actual game exists? Oh hah hell frozen over :lol: Really and don't bother spinning it, its quite clear what people have been saying in this topic before you hijacked it once again diverting what should be about SHENMUE into something called TA knows it all once again. You always do it and its getting quite silly now.

You know SEGA announced Skies of Arcade II had moved into Pre-Production, that it was Making Clockwork Knight RPG for the PS2 .
I wonder how much of those games was ever complete, or even if there were in a Playable state

CWK RPG was set for Gamecube not PS2, and lemme see you said quite clearly to me that SOA2 never happened not even in pre production stage. Boy hell hath frozen over again. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Nathan

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2010, 01:57:14 pm »
Yeah, I was never aware the SEGA had ever announced Skies 2 or the compilation disc.

Or that SEGA had ever announced the preproduction of any game ever.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2010, 01:29:31 am »
TA i had this discussion countless times with you and you have always said the DC version cost 70 million

This is what gets me with you . Everyone knows (and the posts are still there) that I always said the Japanese DC version cost $20 million and the project cost $70 million.

Don't even try and make out otherwise

its widely know since Yu made that quote himself about 70 million went into Shenmue's development.

No from a interview with Game over by any chance ?. Its also confirmed in a feature with Sato in the Official Dreamcast Magazine

What, so because it didn't happen that made it not true

No it means even when games are announced, they can stop production.

Who said it was

Kikzo.

So now you agree an actual game exists

Of course it exists, but how complete is it, That is the question. Given how so little of it was even shown off , I doubt very much of it at all. Also I doubt Shenmue III would finish the story with over 10 chapters left to be told

lemme see you said quite clearly to me that SOA2 never happened not even in pre production stage

No you always liked to make out SOA II was coming, so was Hang-On, So was Shinobi and GOD knows how many more SEGA games.  
I just made the point to you, it was not coming has it  never got past the Pre Production stage. Which at the time was very much correct, like with the new Hang-On and Shinobi (which went on to become Silver in Sonic 06 if u must know)
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2010, 01:52:20 am »
Okay well... Let's get back to Shenmue City talk. Which there really isn't any. So let's stop the fighting. The reality of Shenmue 3 is that none of us actually know anything.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2010, 11:22:20 am »
Agreed. ^

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2010, 02:03:15 am »
Okay well... Let's get back to Shenmue City talk. Which there really isn't any. So let's stop the fighting. The reality of Shenmue 3 is that none of us actually know anything.

I don't mean to do people's heads in, but when you recorded and watched this back in 2000.
[youtube:10j06j7h]mmXVco0Bkyk[/youtube:10j06j7h]

One does know Shenmue cost more than $20 million
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is