Author Topic: Nintendo E3 Press Conference - Fat Plumbers Waggle  (Read 15552 times)

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: Nintendo E3 Press Conference - Fat Plumbers Waggle
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2010, 09:05:15 am »
Quote from: "George"
Pricing for the move was retarded. But this is about Nintendo's E3. Which I think they hit it out of the ballpark compared to everyone else. They are the only company with the balls to release a 2-D title that focuses on gameplay and not graphics. But not only that, release it as a retail game.

What are you on? The graphics were phenomenal for Donkey Kong Country Reborn!

I think Ubisoft won overall though. Seriously, it is no competition, they had Joel McHale!

Offline Monkeroony

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2010, 01:27:31 pm »
Donkey Kong Country looks amazing, I have fond memories of the originals (although they were probably only good because they looked awesome at the time) and Retro studios have proven they can give existing franchises justice (see Metroid Prime), probably my game of the show.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2010, 01:47:10 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Quote from: "George"
Pricing for the move was retarded. But this is about Nintendo's E3. Which I think they hit it out of the ballpark compared to everyone else. They are the only company with the balls to release a 2-D title that focuses on gameplay and not graphics. But not only that, release it as a retail game.

What are you on? The graphics were phenomenal for Donkey Kong Country Reborn!

I think Ubisoft won overall though. Seriously, it is no competition, they had Joel McHale!
Was talking about Kirby.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2010, 05:13:11 pm »
Kirby looks freakishly amazing. I love it for the SNES. Used to play it on emulators all the time (I'll never play a SNES).

I love Nintendo now. Nintendo is the Jesus of gaming.
SEG4GES

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2010, 06:29:02 pm »
Quote from: "Autosaver"
Its a full game.

It'll have tons of levels.
I hope that by "tons" you mean that it will have more levels than NSMB Wii did.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2010, 10:05:17 am »
I was really impressed with Nintendo's conference overall.
It was too bad that they had so many issues in the Zelda portion, but apparently it works perfectly on the show floor.
Honestly, aside from the 3DS, it was the new Kirby game that impressed me the most. I was a big fan of Kirby's Adventure on the NES, and I'm really loving the art style in this new one.
I'm cautiously optimistic about the new GoldenEye, but really looking forward to a good chunk of the games they showed.

I can't wait to see the 3DS first hand.

Offline Autosaver

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2010, 10:02:04 pm »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
Quote from: "Autosaver"
Its a full game.

It'll have tons of levels.
I hope that by "tons" you mean that it will have more levels than NSMB Wii did.

Which was like 10 per world + bonus levels?

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2010, 03:37:30 am »
Quote from: "SEGA Hair Stylist"
friend, I have made a major divestment of my gaming collection over the past 2 years. I just got rid of a huge haul of stuff. I'm down to the essentials now, which is why I made the post about whether I should get rid of DC. You have to keep in mind that this has been my life for 30 years and it takes time to wind down from something like that. My game expenses and purchases are down to almost nothing and not watching any of the shows this year marks a big change for me.

If you're still enjoying it that is your deal, though I will say your judgment of whether you time in gaming now was well spent may change when your older.

I'll bet I'm as old as you or older, and I've sold games and systems and ended up buying them back because I missed them.  I love the Saturn, and I've bought and sold Virtual On 3 times.  I've bought the Dreamcast, sold it, and bought it back again.  I agree with downsizing, and it feels good to get rid of clutter, but right now I wish I still had guardian Heroes.  I say take extra care with what you get rid of.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2010, 06:25:07 pm »
Quote from: "Emmett The Crab"
Quote from: "SEGA Hair Stylist"
friend, I have made a major divestment of my gaming collection over the past 2 years. I just got rid of a huge haul of stuff. I'm down to the essentials now, which is why I made the post about whether I should get rid of DC. You have to keep in mind that this has been my life for 30 years and it takes time to wind down from something like that. My game expenses and purchases are down to almost nothing and not watching any of the shows this year marks a big change for me.

If you're still enjoying it that is your deal, though I will say your judgment of whether you time in gaming now was well spent may change when your older.

I'll bet I'm as old as you or older, and I've sold games and systems and ended up buying them back because I missed them.  I love the Saturn, and I've bought and sold Virtual On 3 times.  I've bought the Dreamcast, sold it, and bought it back again.  I agree with downsizing, and it feels good to get rid of clutter, but right now I wish I still had guardian Heroes.  I say take extra care with what you get rid of.

Funnily enough, I was just playing Guardian Heroes again last week. Also, I'm glad I never sold my Dreamcast stuff, I had friends over just last night and we played NBA Showtime and UEFA Dream Soccer for hours on end. If they had come round to play those games and I told them I'd sold them for $2 each, surely they would have set upon me with axe-handles and left my battered corpse in the gutter somewhere.

Offline Sega Stylista

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2010, 06:28:38 pm »
Quote from: "Emmett The Crab"

Yeah, I went through a lot of thought about everything I got rid of because my biggest fear is rebuying stuff later, but I'm pretty sure I'll be okay.  I kept a ton of Saturn CDR's and I still have several Saturn controllers with USB adaptors and most games play nice on Yabuse or SSF.

I really think I'm going to be okay getting rid of DC with the games going digital.

I just love the thought of going down to one console.  I used to have drawers that were these horrible tangles of various system's controllers and extension cables and adapters that was a nightmare that actually kept me from playing some of my legacy systems.

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .