Author Topic: Who wants a Dreamcast 2  (Read 15663 times)

Offline segaboy09

• Total Meseta: 0
Who wants a Dreamcast 2
« on: March 13, 2011, 07:35:14 pm »
Join our fight for a Dreamcast 2 on facebook called
"Project Dreamcast 2". I have gotten made some bumper stickers, wristbands and maybe lanyards (to wear VMUs) if enough people support it. Thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Who wants a Dreamcast 2
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 07:37:12 pm »
Who doesn't lol

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 07:47:36 pm »
Ehhhhhh.... like a real campaign?

Pass. It'll never happen.

Better to enjoy retro Dreamcast gaming via playing old games you never got a chance to and buying new indie releases. Also, enjoy new SEGA games regardless of the console. That's the way to roll.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 12:33:26 am »
At this point I'm kind of over it... If it happened, I would be delighted but I'm not exactly yerning for it anymore.
Made by SEGA

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 12:37:17 am »
That kind of wishful thinking can give you brain damage.

Offline segaboy09

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 01:03:45 am »
Quote from: "Emmett The Crab"
That kind of wishful thinking can give you brain damage.

More like your lack of thinking will decay your brain, I prefer to remain optimistic thanks for the support.

Anything can happen with enough people backing it up.

Offline segaboy09

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 01:08:38 am »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"

Better to enjoy retro Dreamcast gaming via playing old games you never got a chance to and buying new indie releases. Also, enjoy new SEGA games regardless of the console. That's the way to roll.

It will never happen with people like you not believing in it. Besides its gonna be a fun experience either way. I roll the same way but prefer to stand up and show my convection.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 04:42:23 am »
Cause if you tryy YOU CAN DO ANYTHIIIIING!!!
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 08:25:19 am »
Quote from: "segaboy09"
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"

It will never happen with people like you not believing in it. Besides its gonna be a fun experience either way. I roll the same way but prefer to stand up and show my convection.

See, it's this kind of thinking that pisses me off. "It will never happen with people like you not believing in it." Bullshit. Simply, it will never happen. My "not believing" or "believing" is irrelevant. I don't believe because SEGA has said they have no intentions, and their business is now set up in a way that it cannot happen. We will never see a Dreamcast 2. The original Dreamcast is 13 years old and SEGA is a very different company compared to 2001. Getting back into the hardware biz would require a major overhaul of their departments and business heirarchy.

Even if SEGA did release a new console, however unlikely with the current SEGA, it would not be a "Dreamcast 2". It would have a brand new name and identity to compete with Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. Take a look at Master System, Mega Drive, Saturn and Dreamcast. Not one was a "2". The best chance SEGA has is to wait until games go completely streaming. Then, either partner with a company and release a  set top box an controllers, then feature a digital distribution channel. That way, they would have a third party create the hardware, and SEGA wouldn't have to press discs or create packaging.

Though that direction is even doubtful, as that is essentially XBLA and PSN right now, and Sony and MS have that all set up for SEGA already.

Personally, I'd like to see SEGA team up with a controller company and give us some official wireless pads. I'd also like to see PSN and XBLA give a little more identity to publishers downloadable games. Booting up a SEGA Channel within XBLA that lists only SEGA content, providing news, trailers and video features would be the next best thing and is completely possible for the current SEGA. Using a SEGA branded controller would make it even sweeter, and again that is completely possible.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Please don't label me as the pessimistic nonbeliever. I simply am thinking logically. I think buying SEGA games and supporting the company is the best thing a fan can do right now.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 11:10:24 am »
Segaboy, Sega do not need to have a console anymore the most important thing at the end of the day is videogames not the consoles. a real Sega fan will support Sega with or without a console.

As much as it seems unlikely to happen (in my opinion) the one thing that will convince Sega to make a new console is their games selling well, if you want to support Sega I suggest buying their great games because it is well documented that online petitions and campaigns just don't get results and are never taken seriously.

Truth is you never needed a Sega console to enjoy the best thing Sega had to offer and you still don't today... GAMES.
Made by SEGA

Offline segaboy09

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 01:04:29 pm »
You both make good valid points. I do buy there games to show my support. I'm taking some action, because I'm tired of just talking about it.  Its gonna be fun eitherway.  Obviously they are gonna most likely name the system something else, I went with Dreamcast 2 so it will be easily recognized by people. As for the Sega Channel (which I had by the way), games are now to large for downloading like that.  So thats how we ended up with "PlaySega".  Companies can do what ever they set there goals to, look at Microsoft.  Who would have thought they would make a system like 10 years ago.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 02:14:05 pm »
I consider numbering consoles to be stupid. If SEGA ever made a "Dreamcast 2" I would get it, yeah, but I would freak out about the name.

The biggest reason PlayStation 2 beat Dreamcast was the DVD support first yeah, but the second reason was that it had brand recognition, not because it had good games. And it did not, for like two whole years.

Anyways, the only good thing about SEGA making a new console is that they would all be in one place (most likely some for mobile and PC still) so resources for higher quality games would be shared better. This would still be a pointless venture as SEGA would just lose so much money that they would be gone in three or four years.

tl;dr Not going to happen and I kind of do not want it to. I do not want to have to buy any new platform for years and years.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 02:54:21 pm »
I think I'd rather see SEGA Japan release more games in general.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 02:55:59 pm »
Hell I didn't even wanted to get into this gen of consoles, but my Xbox broke. Then my 360 broke. Now I hope to take my PS3 to the grave.
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 06:16:52 pm »
Ì do gotta say that I hate having to own every single platform to be able to own each sega game.

I'd fully support a sega console just for that reason.