Author Topic: Vanquish Demo Discussion  (Read 14811 times)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: Vanquish Demo Discussion
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2010, 02:42:37 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
One question though, what does smoking do? I've done it a few times but not sure what it actually is used for.

Pretty sure it is to get heat seeking missiles and the like away from you. Pretty cool.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2010, 03:19:32 pm »
Quote from: "Ulala5"
One question though, what does smoking do? I've done it a few times but not sure what it actually is used for.

I did it a couple of times too but i neither understood HOW i did it and it happens just when i was hiding behind some wall  :|

It happens when you press LB behind a wall from memory.

Quote from: "Sega Uranus"

Pretty sure it is to get heat seeking missiles and the like away from you. Pretty cool.

Ahhh, I remember something about that now thanks. I did try it in the demo and when he threw the ciggie away a nearby soldier started shooting at it as it flew by. Not sure if that would be sufficient to break their fire, but it looked cool at least.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2010, 03:46:05 pm »
Quote from: "ShadiWulf"
Quote from: "Ulala5"

I did it a couple of times too but i neither understood HOW i did it and it happens just when i was hiding behind some wall  :|
It's to look like a badass  :afroman:

No it isnt, it is used when you are hiding behind a cover but so many enemies are shooting at it that there is no break in fire to pop up.

When you smoke it, he tosses it away and for about a second all the enemies shoot at the fag giving you enough time to pop up go into slow-mo and shoot them all.
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2010, 04:38:31 pm »
I never had played a "hide n shoot" game before. This one is mind-blowing. I had lots of fun. The boss was hard but not frustrating. Looking forward for it.
SEG4GES

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2010, 03:33:22 am »
Finally played it. My big issue is that it seemed really all over the place, like it was hard to focus on anything going on. The controls are kind of confusing too, but I should be get it down eventually.

I like it.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2010, 06:44:40 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
I like it.

Anyway, PlatinumGames.jp made a small contest on the demo, whoever gets the best score/completion time wins (I think)

This guy is probaby one of the participants, he finished the demo in 4:46 minutes only!

[youtube:2cgx428o]kpYWRIFmRcUv[/youtube:2cgx428o]

Offline MrFranklin

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2010, 06:52:48 am »
I feel like this game has all the sense of style and crazy fun I've come to expect from platinum games. Their games are so ''larger than life'' its a refreshing break from all the realistic games out there.

I'm very impressed by the demo. Probably a day 1 purchase for me. I kinda like how the action sprays all over the place makes it more exciting and feel like a battlefield.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2010, 08:39:46 am »
I've probably played it every day since demo released.
Made by SEGA

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2010, 09:28:52 am »
Quote from: "MrFranklin"
I feel like this game has all the sense of style and crazy fun I've come to expect from platinum games. Their games are so ''larger than life'' its a refreshing break from all the realistic games out there.

I'm very impressed by the demo. Probably a day 1 purchase for me. I kinda like how the action sprays all over the place makes it more exciting and feel like a battlefield.
Hey MrFranklin, welcome to the forums man. I remember you from the sega forums if i'm correct, if so, glad to have you here  :D

Ontopic: I'm gonna download the game now after being lazy for days lol. I'll give my impressions later