Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC?  (Read 72836 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC?
« Reply #180 on: November 12, 2014, 06:13:40 am »
Make sure you've selected PC titles to show up when you select top sellers. On mobile it automatically just shows Linux titles.

For me it's gone back down to number 2. But what a massive difference that extra 10% did for its chart position haha.

ChartTrack has delayed the implementation of digital sales tracking for the time being. Was suppose to roll out sometime this year originally.

Intresting..wonder if its a political move since if it was included in the overall sales of the main chart certain games wouldn't necessarly have their number 1 posistion.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2014, 06:29:07 am »
I take that to mean its at number 1 on the US Steam charts...Sorry i can't see the pic.

Yes, it was a #1 on US steam chart link.
Outgrossing:
Friday Nights at Freddy's 2
Assassin's Creed Unity
and COD: Advanced warfare for a little bit.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2014, 06:34:16 am »
But does it mean anything on Steam? The sales seem to change day to day. I assumer there's a week end chart where the game holds an official position for that week based on its sales for that week?

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #183 on: November 12, 2014, 06:50:30 am »
Considering that IIRC correctly, the top sellers charts are based on revenue earned(probably realtime updated as positions can change during a refresh). Yes. #1 seller on the world's largest DD platform? I'd call that a positive, even if for under an hour, for a game such as VC.

The changes are probably related to peak hours. Some hours have more people on, and some less. Obviously as more and more people get their hands on VC, it's position will change. A lot of people who didn't pre-order because of FFXIII, are probably buying their copies as we speak.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 06:52:44 am by JRcade19 »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #184 on: November 12, 2014, 07:34:08 am »
Intresting..wonder if its a political move since if it was included in the overall sales of the main chart certain games wouldn't necessarly have their number 1 posistion.

Possibly but there's no doubting it would be a massive change if they included digital data. Square Enix recently came out and said a third of their core games, not mobile or browser based, came from the digital space.

Considering that IIRC correctly, the top sellers charts are based on revenue earned(probably realtime updated as positions can change during a refresh). Yes. #1 seller on the world's largest DD platform? I'd call that a positive, even if for under an hour, for a game such as VC.

The changes are probably related to peak hours. Some hours have more people on, and some less. Obviously as more and more people get their hands on VC, it's position will change. A lot of people who didn't pre-order because of FFXIII, are probably buying their copies as we speak.

Also I do believe the peak performance for concurrent players yesterday on Steam was about 5,300 people. If I recall correctly, Alien: Isolation debuted with around 8,000 / 9,000 concurrent players for it's first day so that's another extremely positive sign.

Keep in mind as well that since this is revenue based and Valkyria Chronicles is a third of the price for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare or Assassin's Creed: Unity, it means the game is outselling those titles in a 3 to 1, fantastic achievement for a 6 year old port. Now the interesting question is what does SEGA do next, port other core SEGA titles to the PC? Try to bring the whole Valkyria Chronicles series to PC (Slightly risky considering how much of a downgrade in cast the second one is.) or give the series one more chance but this time with a PC version to go with the console version(s).

Offline ROJM

« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2014, 08:03:16 am »
Possibly but there's no doubting it would be a massive change if they included digital data. Square Enix recently came out and said a third of their core games, not mobile or browser based, came from the digital space.

Also I do believe the peak performance for concurrent players yesterday on Steam was about 5,300 people. If I recall correctly, Alien: Isolation debuted with around 8,000 / 9,000 concurrent players for it's first day so that's another extremely positive sign.

Keep in mind as well that since this is revenue based and Valkyria Chronicles is a third of the price for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare or Assassin's Creed: Unity, it means the game is outselling those titles in a 3 to 1, fantastic achievement for a 6 year old port. Now the interesting question is what does SEGA do next, port other core SEGA titles to the PC? Try to bring the whole Valkyria Chronicles series to PC (Slightly risky considering how much of a downgrade in cast the second one is.) or give the series one more chance but this time with a PC version to go with the console version(s).

Well the last time a port did well in the west..it was HOTD 2+3 for Wii which more likely prompted Sega to not only let Sega West commisson OVERKILL to Headstrong games but also release other Arcade port collections on Wii as well. The problem of course was those titles didn't exactly follow the success of HOTD 2+3 on Wii.But then the Wii was a strange case to begin with since Nintendo software had 80 percent of that market.
Sega could well do another VC game just for PC but the question is would they really want this game aimed at an western audience? Especially since they want the japanese audience on board for these types of games. I think a PC option is the best bet but the reality is SOJ will probably not do anything.
As for other games..VANQUISH could do well on steam..since that had a digital download on PSN. But i can't see that getting a sequel either. I feel RESONANCE OF FATE should get a steam release as that was a game that could and should be played by more people.
Its too bad BINARY DOMAIN can't take this option as that's already been made available and didn't do that great.And that game is going for real cheap now.
If Sega were to do SHENMUE HD collection they should go the PC Steam option..as it would make more of a sales impact then it would if it was avaliable on console.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:05:45 am by ROJM »

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2014, 08:07:28 am »
Now the interesting question is what does SEGA do next, port other core SEGA titles to the PC? Try to bring the whole Valkyria Chronicles series to PC (Slightly risky considering how much of a downgrade in cast the second one is.) or give the series one more chance but this time with a PC version to go with the console version(s).

In a perfect world we'd have the latter.

In the real world, we'll probably get the former.

Just for reference, the Peak for VC is 5,060 players online at once. #52 on the most played list on Steam right now based on an active 2,000+ players. For Comparison, Shadow of Mordor is at #49.

VC also has more Peak players than Empire:Total war, though Empire slightly edges it out in active members atm.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:14:46 am by JRcade19 »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2014, 09:17:55 am »
In a perfect world we'd have the latter.

In the real world, we'll probably get the former.

Just for reference, the Peak for VC is 5,060 players online at once. #52 on the most played list on Steam right now based on an active 2,000+ players. For Comparison, Shadow of Mordor is at #49.

VC also has more Peak players than Empire:Total war, though Empire slightly edges it out in active members atm.

Well i know Sega is going towards console development because of the chinese market..and with regards to VC for PC and console it could work out for them if that game was made for that market and PC in the US andover here.But not holding my breath just yet..

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2014, 10:36:25 am »
http://segabits.com/blog/2014/11/12/sales-of-valkyria-chronicles-pc-port-has-blown-all-predictions-say-sega/

SEGA says Valkyria Chronicles PC port has so far blown away all predictions. Great to hear they've been very positively receiving the sales news.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2014, 10:43:03 am »
http://segabits.com/blog/2014/11/12/sales-of-valkyria-chronicles-pc-port-has-blown-all-predictions-say-sega/

SEGA says Valkyria Chronicles PC port has so far blown away all predictions. Great to hear they've been very positively receiving the sales news.

Well that's a strong indication because a press release like that would also be sanctioned by SOJ executives based here..and the feed back from SOJ must have been positive in order for the Sega west team to go ahead and make a statement.
But i want to se what happens next...VC3 costumes in another PHANTASY STAR game is all well and fine..but does this mean a full blown PC/Console sequel may happen or not.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2014, 10:50:46 am »
You guys think the same can happen to Shenmue?

Offline ROJM

« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2014, 10:51:46 am »
You guys think the same can happen to Shenmue?

Don't start up that hornets nest..LOL..

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #192 on: November 12, 2014, 10:54:10 am »

You know what this means...

Yakuza: Dead Souls - PC Port in 2015.

Then it'll fail and Sega will cancel development of all PC titles.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #193 on: November 12, 2014, 10:54:25 am »
Bringing Classic games back is one thing (which I guess VC is now accounted too right)

But F2P is that huge thing on Steam today. PSO2 and also The World End Eclipse should be on Sega's Radar.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #194 on: November 12, 2014, 11:04:35 am »
.but does this mean a full blown PC/Console sequel may happen or not.

I bet the team hope so, but I doubt Sammy will green light it . The sad thing in all this, is some of us years back were calling for this game to be on the PC and now years later SEGA wakes up, we should have had a 360 version too.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure