Author Topic: Sonic Adventure & Crazy Taxi XBLA/PSN suck a lot apparently  (Read 60210 times)

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
Re: Sonic Adventure & Crazy Taxi XBLA/PSN suck a lot apparently
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2010, 01:53:50 am »
The PSP port of Crazy Taxi didn't have Offspring music either. They cannot afford to pay out more cash for music royalties on a $10-$15 downloadable title so deal with it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2010, 07:53:17 am »
I have a feeling that SEGA wasn't planning for a Dreamcast collection at first. I think they had SA1 planned for last year, then when Crazy Taxi was decided upon they probably chose to delay SA1 until CT was ready. At that point they probably thought: "Hey, let's just release these around the same date (9-9-10, my guess) and say they're the first of a Dreamcast rerelease collection."

I'll bet that at this point they're picking more Dreamcast games, hopefully ones that aren't PC or Gamecube ports, and we can probably expect better emulated games in future releases. Or at the very least, games that are direct versions of their Dreamcast release and not some PC/GC/PS2 hybrid.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2010, 09:49:01 am »
It doesn't really seem like there'll be any direct versions.
It looks like they're doing them all in HD and attempting to add widescreen, so wouldn't they all be changed a bit?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2010, 11:53:39 am »
One could say that this Sonic Adventure is improved. If they fix the draw distance and are able to make it 60fps it will be better than any other one (out of the box).

I wasn't thinking about what TA said about the requirements XBLA and PSN have.. That makes things a little less simple for Sega. Still, I'm hoping that they make a good job.

I understand that they won't pay royalties for Offspring, but they might allow custom soundtracks so it's no big deal.

I'm quite excited with this. I would buy these games if I didn't have them already.. I think it's a waste of money to rebuy games since I can plug in all my consoles easily.
Here's hoping for some more exciting games.
SEG4GES

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2010, 10:07:01 am »
Just pointing this out....

Some guy (using an emulator) got Crazy Taxi in widescreen WITHOUT stretching the HUD:

[youtube:1uz10ax4]FHyuwqwxAiQ[/youtube:1uz10ax4]

Again, why can't SEGA do the same.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2010, 10:39:42 am »
Quote from: "Dr. SEGA Monkey"
Cause it looks godawful? I much rather have it stretched than awkwardly there at the center.
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2010, 11:04:04 am »
Quote from: "crackdude"
Cause it looks godawful? I much rather have it stretched than awkwardly there at the center.

Word... it looks fucking stupid.

And I hope we arn't arguing that the video shown there is actually a good thing... I saw multiple graphical bugs, voice stuttering, slow down and music... getting distorted.
Made by SEGA

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2010, 11:32:42 am »
Who said the HUD has to be in the center? SEGA could easily move the un-stretched HUD to the edges of the screen considering they have the code for the game.

And the video was stuttering because the game was being played on an emulator.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2010, 11:38:35 am »
Both Sharky and Crackdude missed the point, the issues are coming from the unfinished fan emulator and the free recording software.

The game renders all of that you see normally but the player is only supposed to see a fraction of it. SEGA could easily edit this all fine without much work at all.

My big issue with SEGA making these releases is because they obviously are just rushing them out without much work put into them. 20+ releases in under a year? Come on...

Watch someone like Ubisoft port Rayman 2 and do it right and totally crush all of these releases.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2010, 11:56:52 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Watch someone like Ubisoft port Rayman 2 and do it right and totally crush all of these releases.
I still get 20 releases, stretched out HUD or not.
Everything in Outrun Arcade is stretched out and it's no big deal. When I used to play it on my Xbox in a 34" screen it looked worse.

As I stated before, in my opinion I wouldn't even care if they were all in nice sharp 4:3 in 480p like they were designed to be. But as someone pointed out, there are restrictions against that in the HD consoles. Sega is just making what it needs to do with little effort. Personally if I were Sega I wouldn't give a shit, my original idea was to launch them in an otherwise lower resolution so people are still getting more than it originally was.
People seem to forget that these are 12 year old games. What looked amazing back then looks just ok now (still the Dreamcast has some amazing textures).
SEG4GES

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2010, 12:04:32 pm »
What are you talking about? Nothing in OutRun Online Arcade was stretched at all.

Infact, SUMO should have handled the port of Crazy Taxi.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2010, 12:27:48 pm »
Everything in Outrun Arcade is stretched out and it's no big deal. When I used to play it on my Xbox in a 34" screen it looked worse.

As I stated before, in my opinion I wouldn't even care if they were all in nice sharp 4:3 in 480p like they were designed to be. But as someone pointed out, there are restrictions against that in the HD consoles. Sega is just making what it needs to do with little effort. Personally if I were Sega I wouldn't give a shit, my original idea was to launch them in an otherwise lower resolution so people are still getting more than it originally was.
People seem to forget that these are 12 year old games. What looked amazing back then looks just ok now (still the Dreamcast has some amazing textures).

You cannot just effortlessly move one game from a console to another, it takes work, and while you are at it you might as well make it better, this is what everyone else does, at least.

Making constant low budget releases with little effort of games people love is a good way to make money in short amount of time, but in the long run it only upsets/loses fans and respect.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2010, 10:23:31 pm »
What are you talking about? Nothing in OutRun Online Arcade was stretched at all.
What? Yes it is.. The HUD is a bit blurry too..

Am I the only one experiencing this?
SEG4GES

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2010, 10:27:48 pm »

You cannot just effortlessly move one game from a console to another, it takes work, and while you are at it you might as well make it better, this is what everyone else does, at least.

Making constant low budget releases with little effort of games people love is a good way to make money in short amount of time, but in the long run it only upsets/loses fans and respect.
I don't get what's so upsetting. No game is worse than it was originally (except for CT losing the branding and music, but there's nothing to be done about that). If people love the games they'll love them anyway if they are at least as good as they were no?

I seriously don't get everyone's problem. Unless they don't work out the draw distance issues on SA, these are releases just as solid as they were 12 years ago.
SEG4GES

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2010, 03:58:24 am »
I gave them my money 12 years ago too. I would be willing to give them money again if they added those little things I've been mentioning on this thread. If they can't be bothered to improve these little things I can't be bothered to give them my money. It doesn't help that I still have my 100% Sonic Adventure save file. I've seen everything the game has to offer yet I would buy it again for widescreen. It's a lost sale, I suppose. Not that Sega care, that Sonic fanbase will make the poor port worth it.