It seemed the last few years SEGA has been pretty smart with pricing, giving us some great content and launch editions for a fraction of the price. Now it seems SEGA is really believing that Valkyria Chronicles 4 will do really well since they announced their DLC schedule and pricing for Americas and Europe.
- Japanese Voice Pack | FREE | September 25
- Tank Decals | Free | September 25
- Squad E, to the Beach | $6.99 | October 9
- A Captainless Squad | $4.99 (free with digital pre-orders) | October 23
- Expert Level Skirmishes | $4.99 | November 4
- The Two Valkyria | $4.99 | November 20
- Edy’s Advance Ops | $3.99 (free if you get the limited edition) | December 4
- A United Front with Squad 7 | $5.99 (free if you get the limited edition) | December 18
That means that it will cost you a total of 31.94 dollars worth of DLC if you want the complete version of Valkyria Chronicles 4. That means if you buy the physical standard edition, since it seems ‘A Captainless Squad‘ is only for digital pre-orders, you’ll end up paying over 90 dollars when its all said and done. Its a bit weird that SEGA is charging more for DLC than they are charging for a Yakuza 0 port on PC. I’m all for DLC as long as its fairly priced and this isn’t. I mean 5 dollars for expert level skirmishes? The game hits North America and Europe on September 25 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. But when is the complete edition coming out?