UPDATE: We have learned that SEGA has assembled as much of the original Daytona team as they could to develop this game, including Takenobu Mitsuyoshi on sound.
As the internet is buzzing over the recent reveal of a new Daytona arcade game, new details have released via SEGA Amusements. In a lengthy press release, it has been revealed that the game is indeed the third entry in the series, titled Daytona 3 Championship USA. The press release also reveals the following details:
- Brand new version of Daytona
- 3 brand new tracks including a recreation of the Daytona International Speedway
- 3 class courses remastered for the modern era
- New cars and game modes
- 47″ LED cabinet, linkable for up to 8 players
- In-game camera system
- LIVE TV spectator video billboard
- Based on original game engine
- All-new party mode for arcade events
Read the full press release after the break.