We have been posting about the collaboration project with SEGA, Namco-Bandai, and Capcom. Thankfully for you we have the first details thanks to Famitsu. The game will be called Project X Zone (pronounced Project Cross Zone).
Project X Zone will be a strategy RPG featuring “iconic” characters from all three publishers. According to Famitsu, the characters in the game will team up in pairs for fighting scenes. So who got into the game? Hit the jump to see the revealed characters…
Like said above, the characters will be paired up..
- Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars series)
- Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter series)
- Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles series)
- Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5 and Shining Force EXA)
- Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter series)
- X and Zero (Mega Man X series)
- Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry)
- Chris and Jill (Resident Evil series)
- Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars series)
- Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken series)
- Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga series)
- Yurie and Estel (Tales of Vesperia)
- Kaito and Black Rose (.hack series)
The first trailer for the game is supposed to be coming out later this month. So hold on for that. But right now it’s sounding a lot like Namco x Capcom, a PS2 only game that didn’t get hot ratings.
Check out the scans below.
Update: Thanks to SEGAbits forum member STORM! for the high quality scans!