Barry and George return in a brand new Swingin’ Report Show. We haven’t done a show in a long while, so brace yourself for some SEGA news talk, gossip and all things SEGA.
[Download] [Archive] [Archive] [RSS] [iTunes]
– What we have been up to
– What we have been playing
– Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed will have exclusive character per version, also getting a bonus edition
– PSO2 reaches 700,000 players for the Japanese server.
– Insert Coin Clothing making cool Dreamcast and Genesis bags, right in time for school!
– SEGA Q2 looking good thanks to new streamlining strategy https://segabits.com/blog/2012/07/31/sega-q2-things-are-looking-up-thanks-to-new-streamlining-strategy/
– Kamiya says that he rather make a sequel to Viewtful Joe before Bayonetta.
– Hackers modify a Megadrive/Genesis so that when you take damage in game, you take damage in real life. What game would you want to play on this modified console?
– Hell Yeah! coming late September for $15
– Jet Set Radio coming early September for $10 bucks.
– High Voltage: “We harbor no ill will towards Sega”. Should SEGA work with the studio again?
– SEGA Alliance announced. Thoughts?
– Official Sonic Monopoly board revealed
– Assassin’s Creed III director blasts Japanese storytelling, calls out Bayonetta
– Senile Team releases a free Dreamcast game called Polyko, play it today!
– Bayonetta director calls Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale a Smash Bros rip off.
– What is Yuji Naka’s studio working on? Digimon Adventures. Thoughts?
12 responses to “Swingin’ Report Show #36: Developer All-Stars Battle Royale Transformed”
Alliance is just whoring SEGA’s name. The idea is to get games ALREADY made and use the sega muscle to get them noticed then split profits.
Kamiya can’t even pronounce sega’s name in his twitter feed. He’s THAT pissed off with sega for cancelling bayo 2.
Good show guys. Missed this
Btw Barry, what do you think of sonic generations 3ds?
Also i’d like to say that it’s really sad that Kamiya is more enthousiastic on making a viewtful joe gameinstead of a Bayonetta 2. We got 2 really amazing games from him but it does feel his enthousiasm with SEGA has been lost. I feel the whole of Platinum games may just forget about it after Anarchy Reigns. A shame
I wanna end saying that it’s much better to keep it short and sweet ^^.
Yeah, I’ll get into my thoughts on 3DS next episode. I’ve gotten much further in Generations (I finished it) so I’ll have more to say. 🙂
Glad you enjoyed the show!
Dynamite Deka is out now on the Japanese PSN.
I don’t recall talking about that on the podcast. Perhaps if you use our handy “contact us” link in the future? Or tweet? Or facebook?
I forgot to tell you guys that ^-^;
Great podcast guys.
I echo your sentiments about how boring games have been lately… 2012’s been that one strange year where very few titles that have come out actually matter. Usually we start to feel the Summer drought, but this year, ever since Mass Effect 3 came out in March, the drought is still going strong. Not just SEGA, everybody is pretty coy about game releases this year.
Your pic of Robert Mitchum is badass! Sega needs to make a noir-themed game with him as the main character.
You should check out Max Payne 3 or The Last Story. There’s no drought going on, really, actually, between Xenoblade, Rhythm Thief, Sleeping Dogs, Sonic 4 Episode 2, Darksiders II….this has actually been one of the busier summers for gaming. That I can remember, anyway.
Yes I didn’t think of their statement much, but indeed 2012 was a great year actually. PSO2 was also launched this year so that as well adds up.
Allthough a bit unrelated, PC gaming has had a major leap upwards this year as well ^^
Anything we said in the podcast pertaining to 2012 games were only talking about SEGA games, which has been very dry. Still, it has been quality. Just not as big as previous years.
Open with Space Channel 5 music, nice. Reminds me of the good days when I enjoyed anime a ton and not being able to beat a Sonic game in 1 day.