The creator of the Total War mod Darthmod is now creating his own real-time strategy game being called Ultimate General: Gettysburg. The game will focus on the Battle of Gettysburg and will allow users to join either the Union or Confederate.
Choice’s players make will effect future missions, including tactical decisions that will impact solider’s morale. This game is just a first step, with promises of updates to improve gameplay, graphics and more depending on player feedback.
- Take Command – Fight the Battle of Gettysburg as a Union or Confederate general and attempt to rewrite history through a chain of historical and “what if” battle scenarios.
- Dynamic Progress – Your performance in battles affects future missions. Losing too many soldiers in your first encounter will drastically change the last days of your battle.
- Easy controls – Deep tactical gameplay driven by simple controls. Give orders to hundreds of troops organised in brigades of infantry, cavalry and artillery.
- Thinking Soldiers – Units can retaliate and defend themselves without player input and excessive micromanagement, giving you the freedom to focus on other more important strategic matters.
- Realistic Morale – One of the most complex morale systems ever created makes your tactical decisions crucial on the battlefield – demoralised troops become irresponsive, devastating volleys cause havoc in your lines, flank attacks can rout your strongest units.
- Terrain Advantage – High ground provides increased weapon ranges, accuracy and morale bonuses. He, who takes the hills, wins the battle.
- Challenge – AI does not need traditional game cheats or hidden tricks to face off against humans. Innovative Ultimate General AI comes with different characters such as “Careless”, “Indecisive”, “Defensive”, “Cautious”, “Cunning”, “Aggressive” or “Dynamic”.