Yup, you head the headline correctly. Typing of the Dead: Overkill is now available to purchase on Steam for $19.99! Also, thanks to the Halloween sale, it’s only $9.99. Here’s Steam’s full description:
Typing of the dead: Overkill fuses the horror and comedy of the legendary House of the Dead series with unique typing mechanics in order to deliver a truly original gaming experience!
This gruesome shooter puts you in the middle of a mutant outbreak in Bayou county. Blast pieces out of the zombie horde across 9 stages, one keystroke at a time, in order to save you and a friends life as you work to uncover the mystery behind the outbreak.
• Randomised kill-words to make every game experience unique;
• Your keyboard is the weapon – type bullet holes into those zombie hordes!
• Three difficulty levels included to test your typing skills to the max as well as a special ‘hardcore’ level for true keyboard warriors!
• Redefined HOTD gameplay to complement the new typing mechanics;
• Full Steam integration
• Full and faithful port of the original PS3 edition of HOTD included in game
• Plus more to come*
*Two-Player co-op multiplayer coming shortly after launch as free DLC
Pretty cool of SEGA to give us this surprise release! Aside from a few tweets, there was no indication that this was coming. Have you downloaded the game yet? What do you think of it? Type out your thoughts in the comments box below.