It was just announced the other day that Joker from Persona 5 will be featured in Super Smash Bros Ultimate as the first character in the season pass. This obviously got people excited and unsurprisingly started rumors about Persona 5 heading to Nintendo Switch. This rumor comes from MysticDistance, a writer for Persona Central and KHInsider which he said:
- Persona 5 is heading to Nintendo Switch in 2019
- The Nintendo Switch version will be announced the day Joker is playable and ready to download for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
- The version will have a brand new title (not uncommon at all for Atlus re-releases)
- It will also have “adjustments to the game, additional aspects to the scenario, and other wanted auditions” (again, not uncommon see Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden)
- The Nintendo Switch port has been in discussion since mid-2017
- The game’s name is based on a domain that Atlus recently registered
To be honest, this rumor seems to be a fan just making a very obvious guess. I mean he only got this top secret information about Persona 5 coming to Nintendo Switch after the big Joker reveal was done out of nowhere. If he made it before, that would be something. If Persona 5 is being brought to Nintendo Switch, it will 100% have a new title and new features. Atlus already talked about how its company policy to add more content every time a game is re-released, thus why we have stuff like Persona 4: Golden and Persona 3 Portable differing from the original releases. The domain talk also lines up since back April 2017 we discussed new domains that hinted at possible Persona spin-off titles including P5AG (After Golden?), P5D (Dancing?), P5R (Ruby?) and P5U (Ultimax?) I won’t be too shocked if this is true considering Atlus always does this. My only beef is that they should make the new, definite version on all platforms including Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. Get those sales!