Since the game’s surprise launch, Panzer Dragoon: Remake has been keeping aloft with various update to add new content and fix standing issues. The Saori Kobayashi soundtrack was even a post-launch addition! MegaPixel and Forever Entertainment have been proactive about addressing player feedback, culminating in today’s 1.3 update. This update has been teased for a while now, and surprise dropped for Nintendo Switch this morning. The update features several improvements to controls, as well as to the Shadow Menu (now Pandora’s Box), sound design, and adds a few new control features and a sixty frames per second mode.
I tested the update a bit, and it’s far more hit than miss than prior updates or the game’s release. The 60FPS mode runs and feels fantastic without sacrificing everything that made the game look so good in the first place. I did notice a rendering error at one point, but that was the only issue. The sound design is also MUCH improved over either previous iteration. The game now has what I would classify as just good sound design and mixing! Pandora’s Box is mostly unchanged, but there are a couple new welcome options. As well, the controls feel much tighter, though they do still keep it faithfully stiff in areas. The motion controls are a letdown, too stiff to do anything with, but the HD Rumble is pretty nice. It’s nice to see points from my original review addressed, and I have hope that if more updates come, they’ll only make the game better.
For full patch notes from the update, read below.
– Episode 0
– Super Weapon Mode
– New gameplay options: rumble, classic reticle, auto-aim zoom, HUD toggle, performance mode (60FPS)
– Cheatcodes in the main menu allowing the player to cheat in a campaign (god mode, infinite credits, super weapon mode)
– Gyroscope controls
IMPROVEMENTS – SFX system and sounds rework
– Multi-button fire (A and B)
– Input lag removed from all actions
– Camera rotation speed increased
– Easier and more responsive targeting system
– Full options access trough pause menu
– Blue Dragon motion re-work
– Start language based on console account language
– New, reworked Pandora’s Box is now available after beating the game at any difficultyAd: