SEGA has announced today that Puyo Puyo and Tetris will be reuniting once again in Puyo Puyo Tetris 2: The Ultimate Puzzle Match coming to Nintendo Switch and the Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox Series X, and PlayStation®4 on December 8th, with the PlayStation®5 version coming Holiday 2020 and Steam version coming early 2021.
In Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, players will experience a brand-new hilarious story filled with an eclectic cast of characters in Adventure mode and develop new strategies for play utilizing special item cards in Skill Battle. Here are more details on the latest features for the upcoming game:
News Ways to Play and Memorable Modes Return:
- Turn the Tide of Battle in an Instant: Brand-new Skill Battle mode introduces dynamic character-based skills and equippable Item Cards to fit your playstyle, power up your team, and quickly turn the tables in a match!
- Save a World or Two in a Wild New Adventure: Travel through dimensions with the lovable and quirky cast of both returning and new characters in an all-new story adventure across the worlds of Puyo Puyo and Tetris!
- Online and Better Than Ever: Improved Online modes offer competition in game-specific leagues and Free Play for up to four players, online rankings, and more to be announced!
- Many Ways to Play: Tons of modes provide plenty of variety for up to four players including Versus, Fusion, Swap, Party, Big Bang. For competitors and newcomers, get ready for Tournament and Lessons! Details about these exciting modes will be revealed in future announcements, so prepare yourself!
- And More to Come: DLC will be announced at a later date, but get ready for plenty of content beyond launch!
If you pre-order the launch edition, you can boost your strategy and power your team in Puyo Puyo Tetris 2‘s brand-new Skill Battle mode with this pack of eight in-game rare Item Cards–including three special cards featuring items from the Sonic the Hedgehog series! Check out in game screenshots, courtesy of SEGA Press.
Nintendo Switch| PlayStation 5 | PlayStation 4 | Xbox Series X | Xbox One