We have reported many times on SEGA picking up the IP license to Warhammer, but today Games Workshop announced that Slitherine, a video game publisher, is creating a real-time strategy game based on the Warhammer 40k universe.
So who else is making Warhammer titles?
- Siltherine – We talked about above, they are creating a RTS game based in the Warhammer 40k universe.
- Zattikka – Announced last week that they will be creating social games based on the Warhammer IP.
- Full Control – They acquired the Space Hulk license.
- EA – They have created Warhammer: Age of Reckoning and are developing Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes.
- Rodeo Games – Creating a game called Warhammer Quest.
- No Mad Games – Picked up the license to develop games based on Talisman.
- SEGA – SEGA, which own the studio Relic, responsible for some of the most popular Warhammer 40k games. Also rumored is that Creative Assembly is making a game based on the Warhammer license.
Apparently Games Workshop is open to new ideas and said they will be going to trade shows to meet potential developers for games. With quite the list of developers already having Warhammer games in the works, even our blue and true SEGA, and the licensee looking for more games means that he market is going to be filled with Warhammer based games. Is this good? All I hope is that the games are great. The Warhammer universe is expansive and if they can cover different parts in different style games, they got my money.Ad: