Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis
Its not hard to see that SEGA’s Phantasy Star Online 2 has been a massive success for the company, so much so that it recently that it got a graphical update with Phantasy Star Online: New Genesis. But the company is already ’embracing the future’ with them planning the successor, if this new rumor is to be believed. The rumor comes from Japanese user Makino180 that says:
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis will be supported for only 5 more years.
- Phantasy Star Crew’s 3rd Division is in planning stages of the next “Super Game” and is aimed to be finished in under 5 years.
- Phantasy Star Online veteran Satoshi Sakai will spearhead the project
- Plans are to make the next “Super Game” running on Microsoft Azure Cloud Servers.
- SEGA is thinking of using NFT Blockchain technology for its monetization to prolong the value and wants to spearhead the future of Gacha Games which will implement a possible SNS Distribution of virtual items.
- Initial Budget for this “Super Game” is 5 times the budget of normal SEGA AAA Games!
- The main audience of the new “Super Game” is the Western audience.
While gamers dislike NFTs, Blockchain technology, it seems that companies and developers see a avenue for them to be used in games. What is your thoughts on the rumored, next, “Super Game” by the developers that made Phantasy Star Online 2?
The Phantasy Star Online 2 team have now confirmed that Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis update will go live on June 9! Here is the update posted on the PSO2 blog:
“Scheduled Launch Date:
After the maintenance on June 9, 2021 (Wed)
Due to the PSO2:NGS launch, the scheduled maintenance that would have occurred on June 9 (Wed) will be moved forward by about one or two days. More information will be announced at a later date.
Global Maintenance Announcement
Due to the change in the maintenance schedule, there will be changes to the dates and the content of the “The Road to NEW GENESIS Event” countdown login bonus event. More information will be announced at a later date.
Note: There are no changes to the amount of SG distributed.
We will hold campaigns to celebrate the launch, so be sure to check them out!
Thank you for your continued support of PSO2:NGS!”
It really looks like SEGA has been hitting it out of the park with all the new announcements!
Today’s Xbox Game Showcase had a surprise for SEGA fans. What initially looked like episode for Phantasy Star Online 2 turned out to be a complete overhaul to the existing game entitled Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis. Dubbed “the latest entry in the series” and released to celebrate the original PSO’s 20th anniversary, the game will update PSO2’s game system and graphics engine and is planned to release on a global scale, including Japan and North America.
The official accounts have said your progress will carry over. The game will release to Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Windows 10 in North America and for Japan it is set for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and the cloud (PC and Switch). More information as we hear it, and in the meantime check out the official website.