Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom has come a long way! Back in early 2016 we interviewed Fabien Demeulenaere, Director of Game Atelier, on our Swingin’ Report Show Podcast, and now the game has seen a huge overhaul with enhanced graphics, animated cinematics and more! The latest news is a release date, with the game set to launch on the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One on November 6th, 2018. The physical launch edition of the game will include a full color 24 page instruction booklet and two sticker sheets. Those attending Gamescom can play the Switch version at the Nintendo booth in Hall 9.1.
Pre-Order the Launch Edition of Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom:
Nintendo Switch | PlayStation 4 | Xbox One
- Six awesome forms with unique combat and platforming abilities to make your adventure exciting from start to finish.
- Unlock new paths and secrets with special equipment: look for magic weapons and items that gradually open up the world.
- Over 15 hours of epic adventure: explore the new Monster World in a vast interconnected environment.
- Hand Drawn animations: characters and enemies come to life with detailed animations and fun facial expressions.
- Soundtrack from iconic Japanese composers: Yuzo Koshiro, Motoi Sakuraba, Michiru Yamane, Keiki Kobayashi and Takeshi Yanagawa.
- Full HD graphics at 60 fps: the game supports 1080p/60fps in TV mode and 720p/60fps in Nintendo Switch handheld mode.
- HD rumble support: feel the action with high performance HD rumble support.